Is this pinking up??

cmatthews13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone so I have a cat who is almost a year old. She went into heat on Jan 12, 2020. Which so happened to be the same day as I went and picked up our new munchkin kitten. I kept her inside but she got out from what I remember she was done being in heat around the 16th of Jan. I'm just not sure if she is pregnant or if she is acting weird because of the new kitten. There are a couple signs to me she is pregnant but could it also be because of the new kitten? The first sign I noticed was how she was acting, she's never been very lovable (she loves the dog more than people) but all of a sudden she is SUPER friendly wanting me to pet her, following me around, even sleeping with me. She has also wanted to eat more, every time I go upstairs she wants me to feed her. Not dry food but wet food. But the strangest thing is she is NOT going outside anymore. I haven't seen her go outside since she got out of heat. And now her and the new kitten are best friends. If I do the calculations from the last day I believe she was in heat it would put her at 18 days which isn't very far along (not even 3 weeks). I'm just wondering what everyone thinks... NOTE: This is her nipples on Jan 28, 2020. I will try and get another pic tonight....

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She sounds like she may be pregnant. You’ll know more in a couple of weeks. She needs to stay inside now, and especially after the kittens are born or she’ll get pregnant again right away. Do you plan to spay her after this litter?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cmatthews13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have no issue with her staying inside now but I will make sure she doesn't try to escape. I was going to get her spayed because of the munchkin (I do want to breed her).

cmatthews13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would like to breed my munchkin. Munchkins are very hard to find where I live, I've been waiting for 3 years and I still had to drive over 6 hrs to get her. I've bred them before about 10 years ago.

These are pics of what I believe to be my pregnant cat's nipples yesterday...

Attachments

Ashes.armadda

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I didnt know about the nipple thing but my cat had her kittens about six months ago and the one big red flag for me- was when i pick Auggie up- normally i can use both hands to lift her her holding her chest and lower abdomen.
Pregnant Auuggie will NOT allow it if my hand or arm comes into contact with her abdomen with even minimal pressure!
Any contact with her tummy & she flipps out and jumps out of my arms- sometimes with the equivilant of kitty "wtf!?" Garbled through meow growls.
I dont know if your cat even lets you hold her but if she lets you pick her up this might help.

cmatthews13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes she just started not letting her touch her tummy this week. I took her to the vet today and they did an ultrasound she is definitely pregnant. They aren’t sure how far along he said sometime between 30-40 days. He saw at least 5 possibly 7 on the ultrasound. We go back in 2 weeks for an X-ray!!!

cmatthews13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone, I'm just wondering if anyone has had any experience with a queen who gained A LOT of weight during her pregnancy. If my calculations are correct she is around 40 days today. The only thing she will eat is wet kitten food but she is eating 6-10 cans a day. When I took her in to the vet on Feb 14 to confirm pregnancy she weighed 9lbs 10oz the vet said he also saw between 5-7 kittens. I weighed her today and she was 11lbs 9oz that is almost 2lbs in 11 days! She wasn't a big cat before she got pregnant about 7-8lbs. Below are some pics I took this morning to me she is huge! And we still have about 3-4 weeks left. We go back to the vet on Friday for her x-ray to see how many kittens are in there. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Attachments

sassykoonz

European Maine Coon Breeder
Kitten
Purraise
I would like to breed my munchkin. Munchkins are very hard to find where I live, I've been waiting for 3 years and I still had to drive over 6 hrs to get her. I've bred them before about 10 years ago.

These are pics of what I believe to be my pregnant cat's nipples yesterday...
This is a definite yes!

cmatthews13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Quick update! We have for sure 5 kittens! Mama still is eating like a champ! Still 5-6 cans of wet kitten food per day plus a bowl of dry food. Yesterday I even felt one of the kittens kick. For only 5 kittens she is HUGE! She's gained almost 4lbs in 2 weeks and we still have 2 weeks to go!

Attachments

cmatthews13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey everyone! So I have an odd question... Has anyone seen a queen start rubbing her bottom all over the floor before birth? My queen started doing this on Sat and I called the vet and they told me to bring her in to have her anal glands released (or something like that). I took her in and they said it wasn't that and they did a ultrasound and said these babies are ready to come out any day (she would be surprised if she made it till next weekend. Just wondering if anyone has heard of this before... The vet said she was huge compared to last week when they did the x-ray. Her temp was 100 at the vet, Sun 99.6. and again Sun 101. I only took it again because I didn't know if i actually got a good reading. She really hasn't had any other signs of labor, no nesting, she is still eating crazy amounts of food, she refuses to go in her nesting boxes I've set up. Just wondering everyone's thoughts on this... Thank you!

cmatthews13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone! Well we have babies! And the vet was wrong we actually have 6 kittens total! As you can see I have 4 tabbies and 2 black. I wanted to weigh them to make sure they are gaining weight but I can't tell them apart. Does anyone have any good ideas??

Attachments