Is This "pinking Up"

Vicky352

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat is in heat I don't know when she came into it I noticed yesterday and separated my male that I was getting fixed so this didnt happen just wondering if she got pregnant

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a little confused by your post, OP. You are saying that she was in heat yesterday? If so, she is probably not pregnant or showing, but your cats may have mated before you noticed to separate.

Nipples begin to pink around three weeks into the pregnancy.

I would recommend spaying your girl now. Even if she is in the very early stages of a pregnancy, it will not be a different procedure.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Vicky352

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was also seeing why her nipples were swollen/sticking out as shown in picture they weren't like that before and she could of been in heat awhile ago and didnt realise

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She should not continue going into heat if she is pregnant, though.

Do you want help finding a low cost clinic so you can have her spayed now?

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
“Pinking up”, I think would be a darker shade of pink, and you would only notice after 2-3 weeks into pregnancy. So, if she just mated, then you wouldn’t see any changes yet, it’s just too early to tell. But, as Talkingpeanut mentioned, she may have mated before you had a chance to separate her from your male cat. You can have her spayed now, but note that, if she is in fact pregnant, the pregnancy will be terminated. Please let us know if cost is an issue; we can help you find a low-cost spay/neuter clinic in your area.