Is This Normal Playing? Also How To Discourage Okay Biting.

Opi-the-furry-conductor

The viking and the princess
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've never seen a kitty play like Opi does xD. Maybe it's cause he's so vocal. When me and the hubby are playing with him or he wants to play he will puff up and arch him self up you know like the Halloween cat then jump at the toy or swat it. At one point I heard him meow like a warning meow and a little growl when he's playing. When I heard that I thought maybe hgo scared, or hurt so I stopped or if my hubby was playing with him I would tell him to stop right away. We would and then Opi will be like o.o why did stop :(? Then we would play with him and he would be happy again Lol. Is that normal? I've had lots of cats in m life time but they've never done that Lol. Also he tends to play bite he's gentle and never hurts us but it can be annoying and sometimes he accidentally gets a little rough. I don't want him t be rough when he gets older. I want him to stay cuddly and cute so how can I control that type of biting behavior. P. S. Sorry for the okay in the title my phone's keyboard is really bad. I don't know how to fix the title >. < sorry.

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
OH, GOODIE! An easy question! LOL, no, he's normal, just a bit more vocal and rambunctious than many kittens. I feel for any mice that might venture into your home in the future. Opi will be a might hunter!

As for the biting, this article How To Stop Playtime Aggression In Cats and this one How To Deal With Cat "love Bites"? should give you lots of ideas to redirect and tone down this behavior.

I'm thinking that is Opi in your picture? WHAT A DOLL!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Opi-the-furry-conductor

The viking and the princess
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yep that's Opi in my pic. He's come into contact with a baby chic when we first got him about a month ago and he was terrified of it Lol . It was rather comical seeing the baby chick trying to bully Opi Lol. The baby chic was just a visitor. It's possible he could be deemed hunter wise now. I just hope I never see a mouse to see if Opi is braver now xD. Thank you for the help and the compleminent of Opi.

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
you're welcome! That is what TCS is all about, cat lovers helping other cat lovers! We hand out advice and tech tips, we laugh together, we celebrate together, and when something bad happens, we mourn together.