Is this normal for a 7 month old kitten

brina

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My 7 month old kitten was weighed for his neutering today and he weighed in at 10.5 lbs! Is it normal to be big at thus age? He is very lanky and long but not fat at all. He has been given a good bill of health since he was 8 weeks. He doesnt over eat at all. If he is like this at 7 months, I can imagine how much he weighs when he is done growing!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

brina

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
his tail is long and fluffy(he is medium haired).  I would say his tail is about 4 or 5 inches long.  You should see the size of his back feet.  He looks like he is rabbit lol.  I have been saying that he is a mini cougar lol.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tumbles always weighed more than he should've for his age when he was a kitten.  He wasn't fat at all.  He's now almost 3 (can you believe??) and is at a perfect weight, long and lean.  He was neutered when he was almost 6 mos old and weighed almost 9 pounds.

brina

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
okay so this is picture I took of him today.  He has big paws, like a rabbit lol.

brina

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
oh and he was just neutered on Tuesday, so I am hoping the growing slows down a little bit.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Beautiful cat. I love the fluffy tail. It looks like it is longer than the 4 or 5 inches that you stated.  I know that Sugar's is almost a foot long.