Is this fever coat?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That looks like a fever coat. Also looks like the other black and white kitten may have a bit of gray too. Their coats will grow out eventually.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jandas1021

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That looks like a fever coat. Also looks like the other black and white kitten may have a bit of gray too. Their coats will grow out eventually.
Thanks for your response! Yes the other black and white also has a bit of gray on its hind end, and so does the Torrie kitten theat you can't see in these pictures. So probably most definitely fever coat I was thinking it looked like it as well, but also curious if it is possible to stay this color. Either way all cats are beautiful, but I am hopeful for unique coloration.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jandas1021

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for your response! Yes the other black and white also has a bit of gray on its hind end, and so does the Torrie kitten theat you can't see in these pictures. So probably most definitely fever coat I was thinking it looked like it as well, but also curious if it is possible to stay this color. Either way all cats are beautiful, but I am hopeful for unique coloration.
**Tortie

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The red one has perhaps some fever coat too. Its most visible on the natural black kittens, but other colors may too have fever coat. Red has a pale nuance on his back, less pronounced redish than the head, for example.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, classic fever coat.

A tortie female, and a black and white "tuxedo" male will be expected to produce:
  • tortie or calico females
  • red tabby or red tabby and white males
  • black or black and white kittens of either sex
They might also produce dilute (blue) or colorpoint if both parents carry those recessive genes, but I'm not seeing any dilute or colorpoint in your litter.

In your pictures, the litter appears to be as expected, in terms of colors. Cute too!

fullofmagic2

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! im new to the site and I'm not sure if I posted this in the right place.
but I'm pretty sure this is fever coat but not a 100% any suggestions? His daddy is behind him he's simese and his mama is the blue grey lol
and baby he's 3 weeks old.
she had 2 the other baby is all grey like mom but lighter

Attachments

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, it looks like a black kitten with fever coat.