Is this cat pregnant?

rach1384

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I had a stray cat show up at my house a few weeks ago. She was so skinny but very sweet so I decided she could stay. I was planning to get her spayed next week but I have noticed her belly has gotten rather full and her nipples are larger. Does this look like pinking to you? If so how long till she has kitties?

Last edited:

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 Yes that does look like the nipples are pinking up.   If she is indeed pregnant,   the pinking up usually happens about 3 weeks .  and a cat gestation is typically about 9 weeks or a few days more.  

Now,  many cats don't start showing that soon  but if she is a very slender cat anyway,  it could be more likely she might start showing a roundedness earlier.    or she might be more like 4 weeks along. 

At this stage, an experienced vet may be able to tell you for sure by palpating. 

catbreath

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would say yes, she is pregnant. I have 2 cats, one is spayed, the other a rescue that got preg before we had a chance to spay her. Anyway, our pregnant cat's nipples looked just like that at about 3 weeks into her pregnancy. I compared her nipples to the spayed females, and there was no doubt! My spayed girl's nips are teeny tiny, and completely white. (she's a very large calico).