Is this a worm ?

Felixkitten

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I found this worm looking like thing in my kitten's litter box. My kitten is 3 months old and doesn't show any symptoms of illness at all. Is it a worm ??
20200718_191309.jpg
20200718_191156.jpg

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. It may be a worm, but not one that I have ever seen coming out of a cat. Did you clean it off? If not, it more than likely did NOT come out of your cat. Most of the worms cats have will look more like tiny seeds/grains of rice within the poop itself - IF they are visible at all. The only type that could potentially be that size, but highly unlikely, would be an actual part of a tapeworm (vs. the eggs, which is what looks like rice grains). But, I would think if your kitten is actually pooping out parts of a tapeworm, you would have seen signs like weight loss, diarrhea, and/or changes in appetite. A tapeworm piece typically looks segmented, and that pic doesn't seem to display any segmenting.

Do you have a vet that would accept a picture? If so, call them and tell them your are sending them a pic to ask for their opinion of what it might be.

IsaAndNena

Nena’s personal maid
Young Cat
Purraise
That looks like a tape worm. Have you had you kitten dewormed? If not I’d highly encourage it, some worms are so small they’re barely visible

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Felixkitten

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i
Hi. It may be a worm, but not one that I have ever seen coming out of a cat. Did you clean it off? If not, it more than likely did NOT come out of your cat. Most of the worms cats have will look more like tiny seeds/grains of rice within the poop itself - IF they are visible at all. The only type that could potentially be that size, but highly unlikely, would be an actual part of a tapeworm (vs. the eggs, which is what looks like rice grains). But, I would think if your kitten is actually pooping out parts of a tapeworm, you would have seen signs like weight loss, diarrhea, and/or changes in appetite. A tapeworm piece typically looks segmented, and that pic doesn't seem to display any segmenting.

Do you have a vet that would accept a picture? If so, call them and tell them your are sending them a pic to ask for their opinion of what it might be.
I haven't cleaned it off and I actually found two of these just like that in the litter box.
It doesn't seem to be segmented but it has an arrow like head. I'm supposed to go to the vet on monday for the parasite vaccination.

IsaAndNena

Nena’s personal maid
Young Cat
Purraise
i

I haven't cleaned it off and I actually found two of these just like that in the litter box.
It doesn't seem to be segmented but it has an arrow like head. I'm supposed to go to the vet on monday for the parasite vaccination.
Glad to hear your vets taking a look! Hopefully the vet finds a quick solution