Is this a weird cough? Sneeze? Alien language?

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don’t think there is a problem as I recorded it couple weeks ago and no sign of illness. Just for future reference.. Hima made this sound couple times mid-zoomies one dat and again the next day. She went on running around as usual zoomies afterward so I wouldn’t think she had much trouble breathing. I was just a bit puzzled, I have never heard of this noise from her or a stray before! Was she talking to aliens?

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like a trill. But it's odd that you're only just now hearing it if that were the case. Krista trills all the time! It's her "hello" and "what's up"--her "aloha" and "shalom". A younger Krista used to roam the home trilling all the time. Now she saves it for greeting me and even then she can be a little miserly with that first "welcome home" trill.

Not my cat, but this is more what Krista's trill used to sound like when she was younger and would trill all the time.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. She doesn't appear to be breathing heavily, so I wouldn't think it is related to that. But, I also only heard it once on the video you displayed. It kind of sounds a bit similar to what sound Feeby makes when she is hacking up a hairball, but with her it happens multiple times before it stops. She almost never throws up a hairball, but I think she is swallowing back down after it comes up in her throat/mouth. Just a guess...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hima speaks all the time in her cat language but I haven’t heard of this sound before. The very first time when I couldn’t record, this was the same sound but multiple times in a row. I guess it would be more likely it’s some sort of cough then indeed as both times happened mid-zoomies when she was running and jumping around.