Is this a Shih Tzu puppy?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
It's hard to tell when they are that young, he certainly looks as if he has Shih Tzu in him. How does he compare to the attached. Regardless of being a Shih Tzu or Shetland Sheepdog he is gorgeous..lucky you.

Pinterest
Thanks a lot. Yes it is hard to tell for now. My other two dogs are lhasa apzo x shihtzu mixes have shorter snouts. This new one (his name is MILO) looks like he has a longer snout. He was given to my son by one of his friends. Let's see how he becomes when he gets bigger. :)

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Yes it is hard to tell for now.
I agree, very difficult to tell now especially for the darker little guy with the shape of his face. But only time will tell and regardless they are both so positively precious, makes me want to reach in the screen and give them both a big hug. 🤗

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Were you not able to see the parents? Most fluffy puppies look about the same, can't really tell the difference until they're older. Cute though!

Did anyone you know get the other puppy, or is that just the choice the seller gave you?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Were you not able to see the parents? Most fluffy puppies look about the same, can't really tell the difference until they're older. Cute though!

Did anyone you know get the other puppy, or is that just the choice the seller gave you?
No we did not see the parents. It was owned by one of my son’s friends and he just let us take the puppy as he said they could no longer take care of it.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you know the guy you could ask for pictures of the parents. Otherwise I guess just see how he grows up.

Uncled

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would say they are a mix, not pure bred, much to big for a shihtzu puppy. They are beautiful dogs with lovely markings, enjoy!