Is This A Caliby?

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm fairly certain she is due to the lines on the sides of her face and the stripes on her back and legs but want to be sure. It looks like the outline of an M around the white strip on her forehead but it's hard to tell.
IMG_2356.JPG

IMG_2468[1].JPG

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, she is a patched tabby and white, also known as torbie and white, or caliby :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, she is a patched tabby and white, also known as torbie and white, or caliby :)
Thanks. It's what I thought but without the "M" I wasn't 100% sure.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
She is very cute! I would describe her as a dilute caliby, because she has mackeral tabby stripes on her blue patches.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is very cute! I would describe her as a dilute caliby, because she has mackeral tabby stripes on her blue patches.
Hm.....you're probably right. I look at her then look at the one I live trapped and was fostering and I see what you mean. Yes, she's missing her right eye. We suspect she was abused before being dumped off in my area because she's afraid of hands and can get quite aggressive toward them.

On another note, I suspect her Kitten there is bimetallic.
IMG_2445[1].JPG

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you really think she is dilute? In the pictures her non-red areas look like brown tabby to me. The first picture in this thread looks a bit bluish, but I think that is the lighting, as the second picture totally looks like brown tabby.

The kitten on the pillowcase appears to be brown tabby and white. Why do you say that you suspect the kitten is bimetallic?

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I was looking at the first picture, where it seemed like she had cream and blue patches. :)

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you really think she is dilute? In the pictures her non-red areas look like brown tabby to me. The first picture in this thread looks a bit bluish, but I think that is the lighting, as the second picture totally looks like brown tabby.

The kitten on the pillowcase appears to be brown tabby and white. Why do you say that you suspect the kitten is bimetallic?
It's kinda hard to see in the picture but she has gold highlights on her face and there's gold mixed in with the gray down her sides and back. A couple people had remarked that she looks bimetallic so I looked it up and she resembled some of the descriptions I found.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is the best picture I have of her, you can see the gold on her face (contrasted with the orange stripe across her nose) and barely make it out on her side. They're now residents of the animal rescue I volunteer at but I'll be there tomorrow and can get more pictures if you want.
IMG_2462[1].JPG

AnSDRfanhere

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The cat is a dense ticked tabico. The kitten is a brown ticked tuxedo tabby.