Is there a recall?

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure where to ask this

I had to temporarily feed friskies dry due to money issues they was doing ok on it for the most part until this current bag I have that is half full ,at first Cali started puking after I found her when she went missing from Oct 9th to Oct 13th so I thought it was just her having an issue due to being hungry so I put her on wet only and the puking stopped,on Oct 5th I found a kitten she was on wet tell Oct 14th she puked up the dry twice I summed it up it being a kitten thing and put her back on soley wet puking stopped ,while Soar has been on wet during that time frame due to pickyness my brother gave her the dry yesterday and today she puked twice, I started to think this is weird all the girls are having a puking issue (they are separated from each other as of Oct 5th) thinking to myself thank god the boys aren't puking WRONG Diablo puked this morning then Raiden puked about an hour ago 3 days ago I started giving them the friskies dry along with wet
will I decided to stop all that dry and keep em on wet only tell I get paid to get a different dry

Is this a recall thing I'm unaware of or what?

I know its not the greatest food but all 5 cats?

Other then that they are all acting fine besides Cali's other stuff going on that I posted in a different post about

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
No, there's no current recall.

Friskies Cat Food Recall History (Fully Updated, Constantly Monitored)

However, free feeding dry can make cats throw up. Dry food expands in their stomach making them feel full, but if you let them gobble down too much in one go they will feel too full and throw up after eating.

Maybe try feeding smaller portions or putting the dry food in a puzzle feeder to encourage them to slow down.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, there's no current recall.

Friskies Cat Food Recall History (Fully Updated, Constantly Monitored)

However, free feeding dry can make cats throw up. Dry food expands in their stomach making them feel full, but if you let them gobble down too much in one go they will feel too full and throw up after eating.

Maybe try feeding smaller portions or putting the dry food in a puzzle feeder to encourage them to slow down.
I should've added they don't free eat it even a tablespoon of it makes them vomit

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've found that the intense food colorings tend to make cats barf. Try Purina ONE or Cat Chow Naturals instead, they only cost a little bit more.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've found that the intense food colorings tend to make cats barf. Try Purina ONE or Cat Chow Naturals instead, they only cost a little bit more.
The Purina naturals and Purina beyond <I think that's the name, make Cali sick also, when I get paid I'm just going to avoid all Purina like I used to ,I would of went with meow mix over friskies but the meow mix had a recall I believe in April now I guess I just avoid it all

I already know about the dyes, what baffles me is the food made all 5 cats vomit

I'm probably going to go with firstmate on the first to try it out, I normally would go with Diamond naturals if it didn't make Cali puke and if Soar ate it,

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've found it takes a long time and many many complaints and pet illness and even deaths in some cases, before company will make a recall. The process is so slow you do well to trust your experience with any product. Please note, it seems to be customary for companies to tell customers who complain of, or simply tell them of problems, that "no one else has complained about that." Take that statement with a puff of air.