Is there a Recall on Felix Cat Food?

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello guys. I hope you have a purrfect day today. Just want to ask if there is a recall on this cat food as I have not seen any of it in all stores from where I am, and its driving me crazy as this is my cats' favorite and only preferred food:

1640585266322.png

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I can order it online in the UK and get it in the shops, maybe its a shipping issue.
Oh really? Thanks.
Maybe I'd just have to wait. But my cats probably can't :(

Nice Loki

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Zooplus almost always has some variety of AGAIL in stock.

During lockdown I signed up to Zooplus because of the empty supermarket shelves. I have now stopped buying any cat food at the supermarkets and buy purely from Zooplus because
  1. They always have stuff in stock
  2. They have a massive range of brands to choose from
  3. They are cheaper, especially if you bulk buy
As a side note, please take a look at the ingredients of the Felix AGAIL. I have been feeding my 2 that stuff for years, until I saw what was in the ingredients.
We're now transitioning on to much healthier food for them.

I have had cats for many years, but I am ashamed to admit that I never really looked at the ingredients and nutrients in their food until Moxxi started having problems in the last 6 months. Since this all started I have done more research in the last 6 months than I ever did over all the years of having cats.
I foolishly believed that when a cat food is advertised as "complete" that it would be just that - complete.
So when I read the list of ingredients I was horrified to find that I have been feeding my cats essentially junk food all this time. The ingredients in the brand that I have been buying are listed as follows:

Meat and animal derivatives* (14%, of which chicken 2% and kidney 2%)
Vegetable protein extract
Fish and fish derivatives
Derivatives of vegetable origin
Minerals
Various sugars

*chunks 44% meat and animal derivatives

Just 14% meat is appalling enough alone, but to then add sugars to the mix is (IMO) downright disgusting.