Is there a food that you do NOT want to see on your Thanksgiving table?

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never liked cranberry sauce. It must be a texture issue, because I like the taste of cranberry.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There isn't much I don't like... But my answer before I even opened the thread is also green bean casserole. I don't really dislike it; but we always end up with a lot of leftovers and I end up being the one who feels most forced to eat leftovers in effort to not waste them. I don't see me wanting to eat that for days on end when there is so much else to enjoy.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love green bean casserole. My no-no is sauerkraut. Yes, sauerkraut. My mother always had it for Thanksgiving, and sauerkraut and mashed potatoes is not a good combination.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Being a vegetarian my least favorite thing for Thanksgiving is Turkey and Ham, I also dislike sweet potatoes and pumpkin pie.

I love Green Bean Casserole,tofu turkey and vegetarian dressing with mushroom gravy.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We don't do big meals anymore. It's just DD, the girls and me so it's not an issue but if it were:

Pumpkin pie
Mashed turnips (mom used to make these sometimes)
Brussel sprouts
Deviled eggs (people try to sneak those nasty little things in everywhere)

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love sweet potatoes, but putting marshmallows on them. . .ugh. Nope.
I actually put a pecan streusel topping on the sweet potato casserole, I much prefer that to marshmallows. I also mash the sweet potatoes with the traditional spices, a little sugar, butter, milk and eggs.

I do not care for collard greens at all. That is one thing that I won't eat. I also won't eat dressing that has had oysters added to it.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I refuse to eat collards, mustard greens, or turnip greens. Yuck, yuck, yuck. My parents used to drown them in vinegar spiked with red hot peppers. I noticed in Dad's retirement home that there were cruets of that spiked vinegar on the tables, so it must be a generational thing.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cooked greens are gross. I've never seen the vinegar though, that must be a Southern thing.

I don't know if many people have it for Thanksgiving, but that dish made of Cool Whip, Jello, and cottage cheese is terrible. Well, the flavor is OK but the texture of the cottage cheese just ruins it.

GreyLady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Surprised so many people dont like Green bean casserole, that's my favorite.

I really dont like stuffing. I know it's a lot of people's favorite thing though, so go figure!

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like stuffing as long as it doesn't have oysters in it. I don't like it as well with sausage in it but I will eat a little of it. My favorite is made with half cornbread and half stale white bread, with the celery and onions mixed in. I also like it with some diced apple and toasted chopped pecans mixed in it.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will never have deviled eggs with my Thanksgiving meal...ever!We adore green bean casserole,but I make mine from scratch.My grandmother always had several kinds of stuffing when I was a kid...oyster,sausage,chestnut,a sweet one made with chopped apple and raisins, and traditional onion and celery...love them all!For those who don't care for a sweet potato casserole,I have a suggestion.Roast your sweet potatoes in the oven,and when they're about done,roast a couple of bananas til the skins turn brown.Mash them in with your potatoes,brown sugar,butter ,etc.You will change your mind!The mashed roasted banana adds something,and you really can't tell what it is,but it's soooooo much better.I kid you not!

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mashed turnips and sweet potato casserole. I only like my sweet potato’s mashed with salt, pepper, butter and a small touch of honey.

Rhall

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Turnips here too. I'm coming around to brussel sprouts - especially with bacon and cheese!