Is the runt of the litter more likely to get sick?

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Could you ask this groomer to come out to your home; OR to meet at some neutral place you both agree upon, and do the grooming? Of course, for some extra fee. You could also give a ride, so there wouldnt be any transport costs for the groomer.

If necessary, you could perhaps rally up a couple three of other longhair cat owners, to make a group session, and share the costs; thus making this more worthwile for the groomer?
I'd pay whatever someone asked. I met her in person and she's very nice but not interested in coming to my home. Being she works for a company, not herself, there are legalities involved if she got injured. The liability insurance she is covered under only applies to work done at the store. Aside from that with Covid nobody comes into my home now. It would have to be a mobile unit at minimum.

None of my friends that have cats live near me and we aren't friendly with neighbors enough to even know if they have cats. In fact, I don't even barely know any of my neighbors.

I've been in touch with the National Grooming Association and I belong to a Facebook group that is for professional groomers. I've gotten great recommendations from them. The one mentioned was the only one nearby. The only other one is a mobile groomer but, I am out of her driving range. She will only service the county she lives in. I offered to pay more to make the trip worthwhile and cover additional costs but she declined.

Luckily I have gotten great tips from the groomers group so I feel fairly confident I can do it myself. I have a very deep kitchen sink with a pull down faucet which should make it easier, at least.

Sorry for highjacking your thread gabicards gabicards ! It happens here sometimes!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gabicards

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'd pay whatever someone asked. I met her in person and she's very nice but not interested in coming to my home. Being she works for a company, not herself, there are legalities involved if she got injured. The liability insurance she is covered under only applies to work done at the store. Aside from that with Covid nobody comes into my home now. It would have to be a mobile unit at minimum.

None of my friends that have cats live near me and we aren't friendly with neighbors enough to even know if they have cats. In fact, I don't even barely know any of my neighbors.

I've been in touch with the National Grooming Association and I belong to a Facebook group that is for professional groomers. I've gotten great recommendations from them. The one mentioned was the only one nearby. The only other one is a mobile groomer but, I am out of her driving range. She will only service the county she lives in. I offered to pay more to make the trip worthwhile and cover additional costs but she declined.

Luckily I have gotten great tips from the groomers group so I feel fairly confident I can do it myself. I have a very deep kitchen sink with a pull down faucet which should make it easier, at least.

Sorry for highjacking your thread gabicards gabicards ! It happens here sometimes!
No no, by all means, keep going 😂 it’s been amusing