Is The Dome Broad Spectrum Beetle Trap Safe?

jcnassoc

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all -

Our pest control professional has recommended we use The Dome Trap - Broad Spectrum Beetle Trap (https://trece.com/wp-content/upload...Spectrum-Beetle-Trap-Information-Bulletin.pdf) to take care of some carpet beetles we recently spotted. Of course my first concern is the safety of my two little girls (kitties) and was hoping for find definitive information online about this product and using it in homes with cats. Unfortunately not finding tons of info, though so far what I found confirms our pest control guy's statement that this is very safe for use with pets and children.

Does anyone here have any experience with this product?

Thanks in advance!

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
no experience with the product but i do have an idea that could make it cat safe. you can buy a big like 20 quart sterilite box with latches. then use one of those big 1/4 inch wood bits to drill some vent holes in it place the trap inside. set the entire thing onto the carpet then holes you drilled will allow the bait scent out and allow access inside to the pest beetles. thing is i got no idea if the scent is toxic to cats or not i do know those storage bins are cat proof though. graycie sits on em all day but cant get to my tarantulas an they cant get to her.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jcnassoc

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
no experience with the product but i do have an idea that could make it cat safe. you can buy a big like 20 quart sterilite box with latches. then use one of those big 1/4 inch wood bits to drill some vent holes in it place the trap inside. set the entire thing onto the carpet then holes you drilled will allow the bait scent out and allow access inside to the pest beetles. thing is i got no idea if the scent is toxic to cats or not i do know those storage bins are cat proof though. graycie sits on em all day but cant get to my tarantulas an they cant get to her.
That's a really cool idea. Thanks! Indeed don't know about the scent, but at least my concern that my girls will start chewing on the trap would be taken care of. Thanks so much!