is switching to only dry food safe?/ best wet food?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jaylin A

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just joined that group and I think I figured out how to get the list in a format I could share, but they ask that you not do that, because they don't want it presented out of context, or for an old chart to get passed around.

Only 3 flavors of Fancy Feast are on it and they all have red Xs, which means "low-quality, only for those on an extremely tight budget". But it also says that they didn't list every formula that meets that criteria, you can look at the label yourself and see if it fits.

(I couldn't find the list either so I just did an in-group search for "food list" :paperbag: )

Their criteria are: no grain, carrageenan, or "meals", and under 12% carbs (dmb).

What brand/formula do you feed, I'll look for it.
We use Purina Friskies variety pack wet food

general- i will discuss more with my dad about switching to all wet food, unfortunately we just don't have the money so we rely on that dry food to supplement what they don't get in wet food + 2 of my cats love it. we have 3 cats, and I'm trial-feeding them 3 cans a day for all of them right now as an attempt to balance their nutrition (+1/4 cup dry food each) and see how my one cat's poop is, but I feel like I'm doing something wrong. imo that's a LOT of cans to be feeding every day (each can is 5.5 oz, cat 1 is about 13 lbs, cat 2 is around 9-11 lbs, and cat 3 is under 6lbs) and its still not even enough. my dad is supporting 4 ppl rn that's including me, plus 3 cats, but we didn't intend to be in the situation we are rn. I'm just a bit lost and overwhelmed since I'm the one handling the cats healths rn and I'm trying to find a job myself to help out before I begin my college years