Is she Torbie and white or calico tabby?

amethyst

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have been trying to figure out Nessie's coloring, I don't know if she would be considered a torbie and white, or a calico tabby, or what. She doesn't seem to have enough white to really be a calico, belly, neck, paws, back legs, and a bit on her face are white. Looking online just has me more confused, so hopefully someone here can help, lol. Oh and picture don't even come close to doing her justice, she is beautiful, the orange is really marbled into the brown over her body. There are also thick black strips on her tail that are hard to see in the pics. I can try to get some better photos later, but right now she is having a attitude problem, I'm not totally sure why, dinner was late (in her mind) maybe? so she is angry at the world and hiding in her carrier/bed.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Calico tabby are called for patched tabby, I think. But calico tabby tells it all, so perhaps keep it.

Her white fields are in well organized areas, so its calico.

On pic 2, were you at an Show / exhibition?   as its taken clearly in a sports hall.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amethyst

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
On pic 2, were you at an Show / exhibition?   as its taken clearly in a sports hall.
No not at a show or anything, the pics are all taken from inside my house in a small room where my computer is. She is in a dog crate for now because she is a stray I caught/adopted who has been sick (seems better now after meds) and hasn't been vaccinated or spayed yet.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ah, now sitting at a good monitor at work, I do see.  What appears to be sitting places far away in a sports hall, is something wrapped in plast quite near the cage.

Anyways, she seems quite comfortable in this cage.    :)