Is she pregnant ?

Isabelo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello all ! I got my new kitty around a month ago, her name is Goggles . She’s around 8 months old and is very loving, I’m scared she might be pregnant tho. She has very large nipples and is gaining weight around the belly area, however I’m not sure if this is just her growing. She isn’t sprayed and came from a household of 15 cats, I believe none of these cats were sprayed either. However I haven’t allowed her outside!
we didn’t initially spray her due toalready having 2 cats (both sprayed) and wanting to get them used to each other first . Now with the corona virus, I cannot get abortion for her even if I wanted to sadly . I’ve attached some photos, any help is nice !
I’ve dealt with my other cat being pregnant before, tho that was around 5 years ago so I can not remember to much sadly.
I am hoping she’s just getting fat, as she’s so young, but if she’s pregnant we know people who are willing to adopt the kitties and I'm preparing for kittens just incase :)
Thanks for any feed back !!

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She’s pregnant, and already was when you got her. Feed her unlimited wet and dry food, and make a nest for her and show her where it is. She probably has 2-3 weeks left, but difficult to say for sure. Check out our articles section at the top of this forum to read up on pregnant cats and kittens! :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Isabelo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She’s pregnant, and already was when you got her. Feed her unlimited wet and dry food, and make a nest for her and show her where it is. She probably has 2-3 weeks left, but difficult to say for sure. Check out our articles section at the top of this forum to read up on pregnant cats and kittens! :)
thank you ! I started to see the kitties kick yesterday and she’s been sleeping and hiding under my bed recently , so I think she’sduesoon :)

Isabelo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey guys , around 30 mins ago I saw this green/white discharge from my cat , she is now hiding under my little sisters bed in this thick bag with a bunch of teddies in it . Does this sound normal ? Or ?? Should I try and move her or just let her be ?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Let her be. It sounds like she lost her mucus plug. She may be going into labor now or soon.

Isabelo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Any news?
Not yet , we can still feel the kittens in her kicking , but it looks like her belly has gotten abit smaller . She’s still super energetic and playful, However I think that might be because she’s young .

Isabelo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh quick question , when we first got the mamma cat she had real bad fleas , we often flead her to try and eliminate them , but it seemed some stayed.
So anyway whilst looking at our 3 day old kittens, we noticed some fleas on them . What’s the best way to eliminate fleas on the mum cat and the 3 day old babies without harm ? Thanks for any info !!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Apply a tube of Advantage II to mom’s neck. It will help with the fleas on the kittens when they are near her. Buy a flea comb and gently comb the kittens. Drown the fleas in a bowl of water with dish soap in it. Wash all cat bedding in hot water. :)