Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Needs more time

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Marie.ant

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Over the past 2 weeks my cat has had a complete behavior change, she sleeps right under me when she never has, she's constantly purring even when she's asleep, she's always hiding when she normally was at a window, she's eating more as well as drinking. She's hardly ever awake anymore and below I've posted 2 of her nipples, both are different ones, that once were hard as hell to find but now are visible and a pink shade. She was in contact with an intact male cat about 2 weeks and 3 days ago while she was in heat. I was not home at the time so I have no idea how long they were together or what happened. She's been acting different but also gone slightly into heat, but not in her normally way. She doesn't back peddle unless she's influenced to do so by another cat, otherwise she perfectly find and just sleeping and her tail is always straight not moved to the side. Her stomach has gotten a little bigger and lot firmer to the touch and she doesnt like to be touched too often or at all really so getting pictures is hard to do unless she's asleep. This would be her, as well as I my, first litter amd im complete confused by all of this. Over the past 2 weeks she's been a different cat and I have no idea if she's pregnant at this point because she's showed signs of being kinda being heat. The pictures were taken now so I have nothing to compare them with sadly. Im lost at whats going on and I'm just looking for an extra set of eyes and ears at this point to see what might be going on. Also excuse my nails, they're home done 😅. And insight would be gladly appreciated and ill do my best to update as time goes on.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Marie.ant

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I also wanted to add, and idk if this is common or not but there a wierd, almost running running water, like a fountain noise coming from her lower stomach, I was trying to record each nipples color on my phone and replaying the video I could hear it clear as day, where as when I went to see if her sisters stomach would male the same sound and it didn't, her sister stomach was silent

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Unspayed females who come into contact with intact males almost always end up pregnant. Expect kittens in another seven weeks or so. Check out our helpful articles on pregnant cats and kittens at the top of this forum.

Do you plan to spay her after this litter weans?

Marie.ant

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Before this happened I planned on spaying her because her hear cycles are intense for us and her, for financial reasons ive been trying to get into a clinic thats only open by appointments once a month. That is my intention to spay her, but this pregnancy was very unexpected and I dont how far along she is or if this is a false pregnancy.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Based on what you said, if she’s pregnant, she’s not quite 3 weeks along - so another 7 weeks. She sounds pregnant. Her sides should begin to show at the end of the fifth week. You’ll know for sure then.

Marie.ant

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Even with her showing signs of heat? As I said her heat isn't as intense as it normally is, but I read somewhere that it is possible just uncommon

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Pregnancy hormones and heat hormones are one and the same. That’s why I said IF she’s pregnant. You’ll know soon.

Marie.ant

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Long overdue reply. I ended up taking her into the vet. They said she was showing signs of pregnancy but she wasn't. I got her spayed a few days ago after making the appointment. She's now 3 weeks into recovery

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Thank you for this lovely update. Your cat will likely live a much longer, healthier life for being spayed. You’ve done right by your kitty. Thank you!