Is she in labor?

dani.88

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
His I'm new here. My cat has been showing signs that labor is going to start for two days now but then at times it seems like she's not close at all. The night before last she was panting and I thought having contractions but she stopped when there was a really bad thunderstorm. Then last night she seemed to be moving right along. There was some discharge from her vulva and her contractions were very strong she even got into what seemed like a birthing position ( laying on her side belly up a bit top leg extended). She's been very vocal and groom excessively and purring non stop. Then she also will just get up and get some water, eat some food and walk around like nothing is happening. I'm glad she's still eating and drinking because I figure it's good for her and she obviously needs it. Just not sure if that's all normal or if I should worry.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It may be pre-labor. The real thing should result in kittens soon. Continue watching her and keep us posted.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dani.88

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I will for sure. She's also only 63 days pregnant today. I know the exact date because she escaped and went to visit the male cat down the street, by the time we found her it was to late :(. Just nervous for my baby to have babies. I never plans for this and will be getting her spayed afterwards

gerard jones

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
His I'm new here. My cat has been showing signs that labor is going to start for two days now but then at times it seems like she's not close at all. The night before last she was panting and I thought having contractions but she stopped when there was a really bad thunderstorm. Then last night she seemed to be moving right along. There was some discharge from her vulva and her contractions were very strong she even got into what seemed like a birthing position ( laying on her side belly up a bit top leg extended). She's been very vocal and groom excessively and purring non stop. Then she also will just get up and get some water, eat some food and walk around like nothing is happening. I'm glad she's still eating and drinking because I figure it's good for her and she obviously needs it. Just not sure if that's all normal or if I should worry.
My cat had her first kittens 2 weeks ago, she let me know when it was time, she kept meowing at me to come lie down, so I took a nap on the bed and woke up when I heard her grunting and pushing against my leg, then I heard tiny squeaks.