Is she about to go into labor?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! Big litter!

Are you able to keep mom 100% inside and away from intact males until she is spayed? She can get pregnant again at any time, even within a week of delivery.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GiveMeYourCroissant

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow! Big litter!

Are you able to keep mom 100% inside and away from intact males until she is spayed? She can get pregnant again at any time, even within a week of delivery.
Yep! We can keep her inside just as long as we watch out for her stalking the door. When she wants to go out, She will hide someplace and watch the door until someone opens it before she tries to rush out. I think that when she got pregnant, it was when she managed to tear a hole in one of our window screens (we didn't know that she knew that she could do that) and she escaped through the hole; however, ever since she's had her kittens, she hasn't left them at all. In order to get her to eat, I had to hold her bowl up to her so she could feed her kittens at the same time! 😁

Our other cats are also all neutered. Again, we thought that she was spayed and couldn't get pregnant , and we are keeping her separated from them anyway. The only other animal that she is able to be in contact with is our dog, Matilda (Mattie), who is actually best friends with Annie. Even when she was pregnant, they would cuddle together on the couch even though Matilda is literally 4 times bigger than she is X,D
20190819_193522.jpg

Here are Mattie and Annie cuddling together 💜
20200509_161132.jpg

And here is a close up of the kitten I named Mochi!

We are still deciding the names for the kittens, but so far, we have: Mochi, Simba, Pumbaa, Woojin, Olive, ET, and Raven. (DISCLAIMER: I NAMED MOCHI AND RAVEN, BUT MY LITTLE BROTHERS AND SISTER NAMED THE REST EXCEPT WOOJIN, WHOM WAS NAMED BY MY MOM)

Also, one kitten is named ET because he is the only tabby, and we wanted to name at least one kitten ET. ( We have this joke that Annie is actually an ancient alien traveler whose real name is The Banaboo, because one time, she stood up on her hind legs for a long time and started meowing. So, We thought ET was an appropriate name for an alien kitten 😁)

Kitten girl (aka Keira)

Kitten girl(Used to be Kitten girl Aka Keira)
Young Cat
Purraise
Yep! We can keep her inside just as long as we watch out for her stalking the door. When she wants to go out, She will hide someplace and watch the door until someone opens it before she tries to rush out. I think that when she got pregnant, it was when she managed to tear a hole in one of our window screens (we didn't know that she knew that she could do that) and she escaped through the hole; however, ever since she's had her kittens, she hasn't left them at all. In order to get her to eat, I had to hold her bowl up to her so she could feed her kittens at the same time! 😁

Our other cats are also all neutered. Again, we thought that she was spayed and couldn't get pregnant , and we are keeping her separated from them anyway. The only other animal that she is able to be in contact with is our dog, Matilda (Mattie), who is actually best friends with Annie. Even when she was pregnant, they would cuddle together on the couch even though Matilda is literally 4 times bigger than she is X,DView attachment 333673
Here are Mattie and Annie cuddling together 💜
View attachment 333674
And here is a close up of the kitten I named Mochi!

We are still deciding the names for the kittens, but so far, we have: Mochi, Simba, Pumbaa, Woojin, Olive, ET, and Raven. (DISCLAIMER: I NAMED MOCHI AND RAVEN, BUT MY LITTLE BROTHERS AND SISTER NAMED THE REST EXCEPT WOOJIN, WHOM WAS NAMED BY MY MOM)

Also, one kitten is named ET because he is the only tabby, and we wanted to name at least one kitten ET. ( We have this joke that Annie is actually an ancient alien traveler whose real name is The Banaboo, because one time, she stood up on her hind legs for a long time and started meowing. So, We thought ET was an appropriate name for an alien kitten 😁)
Can you send pictures of all the kittens

GiveMeYourCroissant

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Orange: Mochi, Woojin, Simba
Black: Raven, Pumbaa
Torbie: ET (my brother is renaming her)
Tortie: Patches (used to be Olive, but then we found out that she was a tortoiseshell)

Kitten girl (aka Keira)

Kitten girl(Used to be Kitten girl Aka Keira)
Young Cat
Purraise
Orange: Mochi, Woojin, Simba
Black: Raven, Pumbaa
Torbie: ET (my brother is renaming her)
Tortie: Patches (used to be Olive, but then we found out that she was a tortoiseshell)
My reply was deleted so I’m gonna say you I live in Florida so I will have to look for a kitten elsewhere but you can ship it by going on a site that will help you do it or just plain do it yourself putting the kitten/kittens in a box put a bunch of holes and enough food to last how ever long it takes to get here in Destin Florida and some sites will help with that but it is kinda mean but if I do get a kitten they probably will be on a sit like that and shipped so If you do it it is fine with me

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
My reply was deleted so I’m gonna say you I live in Florida so I will have to look for a kitten elsewhere but you can ship it by going on a site that will help you do it or just plain do it yourself putting the kitten/kittens in a box put a bunch of holes and enough food to last how ever long it takes to get here in Destin Florida and some sites will help with that but it is kinda mean but if I do get a kitten they probably will be on a sit like that and shipped so If you do it it is fine with me
No, just no. In no way is it EVER OK to ship a kitten like that. That's animal cruelty at its best. If you think that is actually OK, then you probably shouldn't be getting a kitten.

GiveMeYourCroissant

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We aren't going to be shipping any kittens lol. We have friends and family who would love a kitten or two when they turn 8 or 9 weeks old who live here in Arizona.

war&wisdom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh my god, NO.

GiveMeYourCroissant

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is there a way to tell if the kittens are long, short, or medium haired yet?

GiveMeYourCroissant

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Also, this little baby (Woojin) fell asleep in my hands!
20200518_132738.jpg

GiveMeYourCroissant

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
2 weeks old! All of them have their eyes fully open except pumbaa! Here's a new pic of Simba (Frito):
20200523_114924.jpg
Patches:
20200522_170341.jpg

Raven (might be renamed to Severus Snape X,D)
20200522_165739.jpg

All 7 kittens are super healthy and getting bigger by the minute. Pumbaa is the biggest by far, maybe about double the size of Mochi. I guess he's just gonna be a big kitty!

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They are adorable! :redheartpump:

Are Pumbaa’s eyes starting to open yet?

GiveMeYourCroissant

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They are adorable! :redheartpump:

Are Pumbaa’s eyes starting to open yet?
Yep! They are just the tiniest bit open. I think they will be all the way open maybe tomorrow or monday. Woojin also didn't fully open his eyes until today. They had started yesterday.

GiveMeYourCroissant

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
All 7, three week old kittens have already started to play with eachother! Almost all of them have gotten used to being picked up and sitting on peoples' laps/ hands. They will even sometimes try to play with the folds in my shirt when they are sitting with me! The kittens also purr when they sit with us :D

The kittens' coats are super interesting! 2 of the orange kittens are classic tabbies and the other orange kitten is a mackerel. ET, the little brown one, is a mackerel torbie, and I think that Patches, the tortie, has tiny mackerel stripes in her orange patches (I can't really tell though because the spots are so small). The 2 big black kittens have ghost tabby markings that you can see VERY clearly! Woojin, the mackerel cream kitten, has a white chest, and all the orange kittens have white paws, tail tips, and mouths. Patches also has a lot of white on her underbelly.

I was kinda surprised that the kittens had white on them, because Annie, the mom, only has white on her mouth, and the only 2 strays in the neighborhood we think she could have had kittens with have no white on them, as one is a cream orange tabby and the other is a solid, blue/grey cat with no patterns. We think that she most likely had kittens with the grey cat though because 2 of her kittens are black. Here is a picture of one of our male cats named Fuzzy who looks almost identical to the stray grey one:
0_20170308_212225.jpg

The only difference between them is that Fuzzy has super thick and plush fur, and he's ridiculously affectionate X,D

And here are some kitten pictures I took today recently!
20200601_121625.jpg

IMG_20200530_220616_673.jpg

20200527_115713.jpg

All the kittens have discovered that they can climb out of their box. Pray for mom X,D

GiveMeYourCroissant

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I had a question about the kittens and my dog:

So we brought the kittens' box from the room we had been keeping them in into the living room in order to help them get used to being around multiple people as well as other household activities taking place around them. Annie doesn't seem to mind; in fact, she seems to be relieved to be able to roam the house freely instead of being kept in a single room. However, my dog Mattie seems to think that she is the kittens' mother?? When Annie is not around and the kittens come out if their box, she lays down next to them and just licks them all over, particularly in their butt area. I'm not sure if we should let her lick the kittens. She isn't obsessing over them, and she doesn't growl or bark at them, and she also doesn't follow or chase them either.

She did this same thing to Annie when we rescued her from the streets as a kitten a while ago (which is probably why Annie doesn't mind Mattie being around her or her kittens. They actually get along pretty well. Annie sometimes likes to follow Mattie around and rub against her, and then Mattie will lick her.)

Should we let Mattie be around the kittens (with supervision of course!) And lick them, Or should we keep them separated from eachother?

Mattie is a very big dog, (70 lbs, spayed german shepherd) so we won't let them actually play together. I just think that this will maybe help socialize the kittens to dogs. We have 3 neutered male cats (all around the 6-7 year old mark) that she gets along well with also, and 1 in particular (Fuzzy, whom I sent a picture of in an earlier post) follows her around demanding for attention by rubbing against her legs and head butting her. So she is super gentle. She is also pretty young herself, as she is going to be 3 years old in July.

Here's a picture of my little puppy dog <3

20191227_151530~2.jpg

Attachments