Is She About To Give Birth?! Help!

Holliiee999

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hi guys it’s my first post on here! So my cat Nala is due to give birth any day according to the calculations. She started nesting about 24 hours ago and her belly has ‘dropped’ a few days ago too so she looks very triangular! :crackup: I’ve been taking her temperature, and for the last 3 days her temperature has been around 36.7 degrees c but she’s not showing any signs of labour as far as I’m aware. I thought I saw her lightly panting this morning but haven’t seen any signs since. Could anyone give me a rough idea as to what may be going on? It’s my first litter of kittens and it’s her first time too

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Holliiee999

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Forgot to mention, I can’t see any milk coming out but for a few days there has been slight flakiness, she’s been sleeping a lot and usually will eat a lot too but this morning she didn’t each much at all. I have a nesting box set up in the bedroom where she usually is but she’s shown no interest in it

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Its apparently very near.
Give her calcium-rich food if you manage. Goats milk, kmr, yoghurt, cheese.... asap.

Holliiee999

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’m going to go get her some things now, she’s been eating a lot of wet food and dry food but today isn’t very interested. Just not sure how long it’ll be as I read that once the temperature drops she should be in labour within 6-48 hours

Holliiee999

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
UPDATE: she’s had four now, there’s been no more kittens for about 2 and a half hours. I feel a lump in her tummy but she’s not panting at the moment, she’s just sleeping while they’re feeding. She’s quite a small cat so not sure if there would be any more kittens inside. What should I do?:dunno:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
As she is ok just wait and see.

Also the lump may be the swollen uterus.

Holliiee999

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay, She’s had a big drink of goats milk but isn’t interested in food yet, she’s just sleeping a lot, hopefully she’ll be fine :)

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She is surely tired. It was a big occasion and lotsa work sone.