Is Royal Canin available in the West?

Aafia Ijaz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi there. So my country has stopped importing items and now there is no RC cat food available anywhere in my country. I was told that RC is not being manufactured or sold in the West as well. Is that true?

Also, I was giving my renal cat RC’s renal cat food but now that it’s not available I’m in a crisis. Idk what to feed her now

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello, by the West you mean Britain or America?

Pet foods are becoming inconsistent to obtain everywhere but I don't think we are in nearly the same situation you are.

Can you check ingredients in the commercial foods you have available to see if anything comes close to the RC food?

Could you maybe start making her food?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Aafia Ijaz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello, by the West you mean Britain or America?

Pet foods are becoming inconsistent to obtain everywhere but I don't think we are in nearly the same situation you are.

Can you check ingredients in the commercial foods you have available to see if anything comes close to the RC food?

Could you maybe start making her food?
Yes I definitely meant USA and Britain.
Well, they’ve got nutragold, reflex and taste of the wild here. They also have Reflex renal but I have trust issues with Reflex as I used to give this brand to my cats before but it got them health issues

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Did you check Chewy.com? I just did and I could order it from my location (FL). You could also call Chewy and ask how you could get it from other locations if it is just a matter of it being out of stock in your particular area.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Its easily available in the UK. Why dont you write to them and ask. I've emailed them in the past and they have always responded.
Royal Canin's head office is in Aimargues, southern France. There are twelve production facilities worldwide, in addition to Aimargues including at Cambrai in northern France; Johannesburg, South Africa; Descalvado, Brazil; and González Catán, near Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If you can't obtain what you need, you might also check your water quality. Very hard water, or poor water quality can have a negative effect on the urinary system. If you aren't already you might consider bottled water (that isn't just tap water repackaged, so in other words try to double-check how the bottler is handling their water source).

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chewy.com doesn't ship internationally.

Do you ship to P.O. boxes, APO/FPO addresses, or international addresses?

No – at this time we are unable to ship to P.O boxes, APO/FPO addresses, and international addresses. We currently only ship within the contiguous US.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am sorry, I guess I misunderstood your original post. So, your country is telling you that the 'West' doesn't have it either? On that note, I think V verna davies ' suggestion is probably how you need to pursue this.

Have you also asked the vet about an appropriate replacement? Can you get Purina or Hill's?

Last edited: