Is Purizon a good quality dry cat food?

jenniator

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
http://www.zooplus.com/shop/zooplus_exclusives/cat_food_treats/purizon/407557

I've never heard of this brand and just discovered it when Zooplus send me a sample from the event calendar. It looks like it's really good quality good and a lot better than the Applaws dry food. It has no grains, no by-products, 70% meat, and the meats are at the top of the ingredients list. This food actually looks pretty similar to Orijen and Acana, but it is cheaper. So I was wondering what you guys thought about this product. Is it just as good as Orijen and Acana, or are Orijen and Acana better?

Last edited:

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I've never heard of this brand and just discovered it when Zooplus send me a sample from the event calendar. It looks like it's really good quality good. It has no grains, no by-products, 70% meat, and the meats are at the top of the ingredients list. This food actually looks pretty similar to Orijen and Acana, but it is cheaper. So I was wondering what you guys thought about this product. Is it just as good as Orijen and Acana, or are Orijen and Acana better?
We do not have this  in the US  so  I do not know much about it  but as far as ingredients go it looks pretty good .. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jenniator

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

We do not have this  in the US  so  I do not know much about it  but as far as ingredients go it looks pretty good .. 
I know that feeling. I only really know brands within Europe and I have no clue about U.S. cat food brands. I'm glad it looks good :)

jenniator

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

I've never heard of this brand and just discovered it when Zooplus send me a sample from the event calendar. It looks like it's really good quality good. It has no grains, no by-products, 70% meat, and the meats are at the top of the ingredients list. This food actually looks pretty similar to Orijen and Acana, but it is cheaper. So I was wondering what you guys thought about this product. Is it just as good as Orijen and Acana, or are Orijen and Acana better?

Yeah , give it try and see how kitty likes it ..
I gave him some earlier and he absolutely loved it :) That's why I was wondering about the quality of it and if it was good.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm feeding my cats'a 'GO' dry food without cereal and 'OK' wet food.
They love everything and seem to be doing very well on it.
Has anybody heard of these foods?

jenniator

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm feeding my cats'a 'GO' dry food without cereal and 'OK' wet food.
They love everything and seem to be doing very well on it.
Has anybody heard of these foods?
Which GO cat dry food flavor/type do you feed your cat? It doesn't look so good to me. Most of the Go-cat types have grains, by-products, 4-10% meat, ect.

Your in the UK right? :) I would recommend Applaws, Orijen, Acana, Almo Nature, Purizon, and Taste of the Wild. All of those dry foods are really good quality. Applaws and Almo Nature are the cheapest out of all of them on the UK Zooplus website and they are pretty good quality. So they are very good if you are on a budget and cannot afford a lot, but you want good food. :) I heard Orijen is the best dry food available, but it's also very expensive.

For wet food, Applaws Cat Pâté, Animonda Carny, Bozita, Catz Finefood, Feringa, Grau, Thrive Complete, Lily's Kitchen, and HI-Life are all good quality food without grains and high meat content :)

Last edited:

lindanw

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm using Purizon for the first time too having used all 3 varieties of Acana before. Zooplus are discounting this product which works out a fifth cheaper than Acana but contents wise it is pretty similar in contents, grain free and protein. My cats love both but I've noticed there are more broken kibbles in the Acana bags which my cats won't eat and quite a lot of crumbs at the bottom of the bag.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I personally don't like dry food, but another good looking uk food is eden http://www.edenpetfoods.com
Not many stockists, but they're easy to order direct from and they offer sample packs. I used their dog food as part of my rotation and the dogs love it. The quality/ingredients make it very close to a uk version of Orijen :)

Purizon seems very good too - again I'm using their dog food in rotation. The cat foods look pretty even (eden vs purizon) to me. Just offering another option ;)

Another great wet food is Nature's Menu. Be aware that Applaws is not a complete food, but it's great for a treat :)

Last edited:

bonepicker

Animal Lover Extraordinare
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't feed dry, but 30% fruits and veggies is too much carb! Cats don't need it or know how to digest it. Ok for dogs!

Last edited:

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
All dry foods are going to be higher carb than is ideal - I don't feed my new girl dry for all the reasons well talked about on this site (my old boy gets a mix...he's too old to change , and he mostly eats wet anyway).

FYI - the purizon is higher protein (logically therefore lower carb) than Orijen or Acana. Looked at in that light, it's probably a little better than those two brands are ;)

Last edited:

jenniator

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
All dry foods are going to be higher carb than is ideal - I don't feed my new girl dry for all the reasons well talked about on this site (my old boy gets a mix...he's too old to change , and he mostly eats wet anyway).

FYI - the purizon is higher protein (logically therefore lower carb) than Orijen or Acana. Looked at in that light, it's probably a little better than those two brands are
Wow thank you so much :D!! I know exactly what you mean. My boy is also older and stuck in his ways ha ha. He refuses to only eat wet food.