Kitten
Purraise
He seems to have loads of the Characteristics in f a bengal

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ruth Breen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We started to wondered because of how he talks, he follows us around. He is very intelligent and surprised me by bringing things to me to throw for him. If he is bored you know it as he will start to climb into things and he lives climbing everything. The furniture is getting scratched so we need to get some more scratch poles. He is also really affectionate, I never come across like him. He is wonderful although he is a handful at times

catinthewindow

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We started to wondered because of how he talks, he follows us around. He is very intelligent and surprised me by bringing things to me to throw for him. If he is bored you know it as he will start to climb into things and he lives climbing everything. The furniture is getting scratched so we need to get some more scratch poles. He is also really affectionate, I never come across like him. He is wonderful although he is a handful at times
My young cat has a very similar personality -- very inquisitive and interested in exploring; talkative (any time you make eye contact); loves playing chase and fetch; follows from room to room; not a huge lap cat but likes to make body contact or use you as a pillow; causes mischief when bored (i.e., figuring out things I'd kinda prefer she didn't, like how to open cupboards). She's also surprisingly chill about water, no startle reaction if water drips on her!

It's totally coincidence that her personality is similar to many Bengals'!

The minimal info I have on her background all adds up to "domestic shorthair with an outgoing, sociable personality": she's from a shelter (not bred), she's solid grey, and she had a dilute calico littermate. I just got lucky with a cat whose personality is a great fit for me. 😸

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When it comes to breed personality, take it for a grain of salt. Especially when it comes to bengals (except the high energy for life thing lol). Cat breeds are bred for looks only not personality. And with bengals the lower the F generation the more wild cat they are. F1 through f5s cant even be sold as pets they are that wild. I think just a stunning classic tabby.