Is Nikita becoming a clingy eater?

Nature9000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This is a curious question and I'm not sure whether they're put it under health or behavior. Nikita has always been a little bit clingy and I think anxious because while she and Prince are always the best friends she always seems to be nervous when she hears him move, I think because of the Bell on his collar.

Even still, she has always been clingy and always rubbing against my leg and meowing for attention.... food wise she also has always eaten less or slower than Prince who is the Glutton cat. Lately, the last several weeks or so, maybe a couple months ago she started to exhibit this interesting situation which was cute at first where she would meow for my attention and then guide me to the food bowl and wait for me to sit down next to her so that she would start eating.

Well I am pretty sure she ate this morning before I went to work but now I am not 100%. Tonight she started throwing up this clear milky foamy fluid which when I looked it up was bile related to an empty stomach. Panicked and after a few tries I finally got her to start eating some wet food that I had and she went through the entire can as well as going to her kibble. So I am pretty sure it was an empty stomach situation because I also tried to see if she would be any normally playful mood which when I grabbed a toy she was enticed and started to want to play but I didn't get into a full play session because I didn't want to get her too excited on an empty stomach.....

I'm not exactly sure what the issue was if she didn't actually eat this morning like I thought she did but even now she seem to be doing just fine after I got her to eat an hour and a half ago. I am beginning to wonder if she has gotten into this habit of wanting me to be nearby when she eats her food I am not sure if that is a situation or not.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Nature9000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So when she got hungry again, she did go to the food bowl on her own. Still, I'm wondering if I should bring out that automated feeder and schedule it for a feeding when I'm still at work. This vomiting is a rare occurance for Nikita but if she isn't eating in the morning before I go to work.......

NekoM

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Anything rare or unusual is a heads up to make a vet appointment, just for a check up.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
If the vomiting was a one off and does not recur, it could have been from an empty stomach and the content might have been mostly bile. This could be related to behavior, but if you start to see any pattern of vomiting or an upset stomach, call the vet for an appointment.