Is My Rescued Kitten A Girl Or A Boy?

Subha

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone, last October I brought back a little kitten (i named Toby) that was found on the middle of road, all soaked, starved and lost. It was a heavy rain on the night and she couldnt stop shivering. I tried to find the mom fr hours and failed since it was just an empty road and honestly nothing breathes could be found nearby. I had no choice but to bring her back before she dies in cold. She been comforted,fed and kept warm following any rescue process. Now that she's a happy, healthy, and a dropdead gorgeous kit, I'm curious to know its gender. Not sure of her age but she must be somewhere around 4-5 months because she is stil with her baby teeth. She's a silver tabby with white paws, neck and chest area and grey black stripes all over her body and with spotted belly. I have attached two pictures below that were taken a month ago and a recent one. Please enlighten me with the idea of its gender. Thank you so much.

Recent picture *sorry if its not comforting anyone

Picture taken a month ago.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like a girl to me :) But... are you sure she is a silver tabby? From these pictures and the one in your avatar, she looks more like a blue tabby and white. Post some more pictures of the rest of her?

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Also, have you taken her to a vet yet for kitten shots and a checkup? If she's 4-5 months old, she's also old enough to be spayed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Subha

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Looks like a girl to me :) But... are you sure she is a silver tabby? From these pictures and the one in your avatar, she looks more like a blue tabby and white. Post some more pictures of the rest of her?
A girl? Yea she might be a girl because she has such a beautiful personality. But i know we couldn't assume their personality as every individual cat has unique personality and behavioural patterns regardless of their gender right. And about the coat color, urmm, i might be wrong cause i tend to get confused over the color of blue coat and silver coat tbh. Here's some other pictures of her. Let me know if you need more cause i have tons of them ❤

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, a girl. She will probably go into heat in January, so it's time to make plans (either to have her spayed before that or keep her confined if spaying isn't possible right now).

I love her nose! It's just the best color!

Subha

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Also, have you taken her to a vet yet for kitten shots and a checkup? If she's 4-5 months old, she's also old enough to be spayed.
Nope. I havent bring her for a checkup yet. And i promised her that i wil get her vaccinated before end of this month. And i havent think of spaying her til a few months more. But wil definately get her right.

Subha

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, a girl. She will probably go into heat in January, so it's time to make plans (either to have her spayed before that or keep her confined if spaying isn't possible right now).

I love her nose! It's just the best color!
Good to know. I should really start over thinking about getting her spayed as soon as she's done with her shot. Lol. She is in a perfect confined space right now along with the bunnies. But anyhow i have to get spayed too , for many reasons. Thank you for assisting me with all the possible info. And Yeah, oh her nose is so beautiful. ❤

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, she does look like a blue tabby and white. A silver tabby would have black stripes with white at the base of each hair, on a white background. A blue tabby has gray stripes on a beige background. Blue tabby is the dilute (blue) version of brown tabby. She's beautiful! And she definitely looks big enough to spay.

Subha

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, she does look like a blue tabby and white. A silver tabby would have black stripes with white at the base of each hair, on a white background. A blue tabby has gray stripes on a beige background. Blue tabby is the dilute (blue) version of brown tabby. She's beautiful! And she definitely looks big enough to spay.
Very informative and thank you very2 much. I wil definately have her spayed real soon.i just googled and pretty much convinced that she is a blue white tabby rather than the silver tab.Urmm. Now she looks a

blue to me.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
What a gorgeous kitten! I love her coloring.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When they are young (8ish weeks) is when they should be started on vaccines as it isn't just a single vaccine, but a whole series for them to build proper immunity. Since she hasn't had any of that just be very careful and get her vaccines started asap. She is vulnerable not being vaccinated at all. You will have to get her one vaccine set and then come back for a booster and then possibly again for a rabies vaccine as well, unless they just do the rabies vaccine with the last round of kitten shots. Some vets like to split it up.

Just fyi.

Subha

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
When they are young (8ish weeks) is when they should be started on vaccines as it isn't just a single vaccine, but a whole series for them to build proper immunity. Since she hasn't had any of that just be very careful and get her vaccines started asap. She is vulnerable not being vaccinated at all. You will have to get her one vaccine set and then come back for a booster and then possibly again for a rabies vaccine as well, unless they just do the rabies vaccine with the last round of kitten shots. Some vets like to split it up.

Just fyi.
Thank you. Bringing her to get all those shots next week. Have a great day! :)