Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

Is My Kitty Possibly A Chantilly-tiffany?

Discussion in 'Describing Cats - What Does My Cat Look Like?' started by Desmond2017, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Desmond2017

Desmond2017 Thread Starter TCS Member Kitten

Feb 3, 2019
    D139B0A2-8976-414D-936B-D474CBB93914.png 2B488373-30EA-45B4-9A3E-9995C266A8A6.jpeg B1DE0CFC-9D1B-45F2-9204-A60F9C38A269.jpeg 4BDAE6E9-B7BC-43AF-BD81-014689C3C583.jpeg I came across the rare cat breed of Chantilly Tiffany. I know they are super rare and no longer recognized as an official breed but the resemblance to my Desmond is uncanny and the description of their character is spot on. He loves snuggles, is always in the same room as me or my husband, is extremely vocal and intelligent and loves to play. People are always shocked by how much of a lap cat he is. He appears to be long haired with a very silky coat with little to no undercoat, puffy fur around his chest, green eyes, long hair in his ears, dark chocolate or black coat that fades to brown and then to a cream on his tummy. He chirps at birds and loves to be carried around like a baby and scratches at the door to any room we’re in if he get shut out with in minutes of being shut out.

Maria Bayote, white shadow and Sporterwatson purraised this.

2. jen

jen TCS Member Top Cat

Dec 27, 2001
    Hudson, OH
    It is fun to come up with breeds our cats resemble but the fact is that the majority of cats are of no specific breed ancestry. They are just a result of generation after generation of extremely mixed breeds and their attitudes and personalities are related so heavily to how they are raised that it really doesn't play much of a factor. Your cat is stunning however! I love black cats.

Monotail, white shadow and m3rma1d purraised this.

3. jen

jen TCS Member Top Cat

Dec 27, 2001
    Hudson, OH
    Oh I LOOOOOVE your cats name too!

white shadow purraised this.

4. abyeb

abyeb Charlie's Purrson Staff Member Forum Helper

Feb 18, 2017
    Desmond is gorgeous! His coat is so shiny! I would describe him as a black Domestic Longhair. Chantilly-Tiffany cats are actually an extinct breed.

See under “history”: Chantilly-Tiffany - Wikipedia
    “In 2015, Norwegian breeder gave up on the Chantilly breeding program after the death of Frosty, and fixed her female Acey. As a result of this event, as far as it is known, the Chantilly is considered extinct.”

I think Maine Coon is probably Desmond’s closest breed lookalike.

Monotail, white shadow and m3rma1d purraised this.

5. Sporterwatson

Sporterwatson TCS Member Kitten

Feb 2, 2019
    You cat is beautiful.

white shadow purraised this.

6. Monotail

Monotail TCS Member Kitten

Feb 3, 2019
    Nowhere
    Desmond is very beautiful cat, but as noted elsewhere, the Chantilly-Tiffany as a breed no longer seems to exist. Pity that, they were gorgeous cats. Ah well, maybe someday somebody will recreate them.

7. Maria Bayote

Maria Bayote Mama of 4 Cats, 3 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans Top Cat

Jan 15, 2018
    Doha
    Oh my heart! Can I just say that I am totally smitten by Desmond?