Is my kitty part Egyptian Mau?

rachihadouken

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is Ra the spotted tabby. She is 4 years old. 

Sorry about the picture quality. I don't actually have a camera right now and these pictures don't fully show her markings, so here is a drawing of her on Paint to better show her coat.

I got her from an acquaintance who had a litter when she was a kitten, but I never met her parents so I don't know anything about her lineage. I just assumed she was a normal domestic shorthair until I was reading about Maus and saw bronze Maus, like this one:

My Ra looks so much like that! Except she has white socks and paws, and her face isn't so pointy... tail is a bit longer too. But she has the same yellowish belly, her spots and stripes are in the same places, similar facial markings, and most interestingly, Ra's fur is all flecked with silver at the tips, just like this one!

My Ra is very pretty and to me, she looks a lot like that cat! 

Is it possible she has some Mau in her?

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
She is very pretty :rbheart: and your other kitties are gorgeous too ;)

She is not actually a spotted tabby. She is in fact a broken mackerel tabby :nod: The black tabby stripe that runs down her spine gives it away that she is a mackerel tabby. Spotted tabbies don't have this line down the spine line.

Some mackerel tabbies their tabby stripes are broken up and can look like spots rather than stripes. This is called a broken mackerel tabby - which is what your beautiful girl is :D

Abbycover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Some mackerel tabbies their tabby stripes are broken up and can look like spots rather than