Is My Kitten Rare?

Kay0000

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My Siamese had gotten pregnant accidentally with an unknown cat. One of her kittens came out chocolate. I have never seen a chocolate cat before and was wondering if it's rare and what breed he would be considered.

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He will be cosidered as a moggie. What somewhat look alike he is, we will see later as he grows. At this moment he reminds a british shorthair in body posture. I agree, chocolate isnt common.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
He would be a chocolate Domestic Shorthair. That color isn't common, and I agree with StefanZ that he resembles a British Shorthair. Very cute for sure!

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's very cute, that's for sure.

Please don't let the kittens outside, though, until they are fully vaccinated and spayed/neutered. There are all sorts of viruses and parasites out there.

Are you keeping mom inside too until her spay?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kay0000

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He's very cute, that's for sure.

Please don't let the kittens outside, though, until they are fully vaccinated and spayed/neutered. There are all sorts of viruses and parasites out there.

Are you keeping mom inside too until her spay?
They are all indoor cats. I actually adopted mom already pregnant and I or the old owners didn't know she was.

haleyds

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Chocolate isn't common at all really especially within the traditional domestic short hair group. It's something that was bred for in cat breeds like the Burmese.
I would personally die for a chocolate kitten haha, I'm partial to a chocolate colored anything. I hope you're keeping the little cutie just because I'd love to see pictures as he grows!