Is My Kitten A Ragdoll, And What Colour Do You Think It Is?

ragdollcatroofie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm due to pick up this baby is 5 weeks time when he will be 12 weeks old. I've seen the mum and what the breeder told me was the dad but I want to be extra vigilant as I haven't seen the papers yet but already paid a deposit.

The breeder also said she thinks he is Seal Colourpoint but we all originally thought he was Blue Colourpoint and I ideally wanted blue, do you think he looks like Blue or Seal?

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The overall looks may very well be a ragdoll. Exact color? Ears are black, but muzzle masque not... so difficult to say for sure.
How is the tail?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ragdollcatroofie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is another pic.
Roo2.jpg

and then this one was two weeks ago so hadn't got his colours properly yet. Also I've noticed most ragdolls colour at their eyes and not there chin/cheeks and my boy has a brown chin/cheek area, is this normal?

Attachments

ragdollcatroofie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The overall looks may very well be a ragdoll. Exact color? Ears are black, but muzzle masque not... so difficult to say for sure.
How is the tail?
Thanks for your reply. He appears white in body with a grey nose but a brown-ish mark around his nose, tail looks relatively grey. I've added more photos above

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Color with pointed cats can be a little deceiving sometimes but I'd lean more blue. That said, lighting can play big factor so you will likely have to wait for more color to develop to be completely sure

Here is my boy who is seal point to give you an idea. My boy is exposed to outdoors and variable temperatures so he is a little over all darker than most indoor pointed cats. He also likely has some Burmese in him.

My girl is also a seal point but she came to us older and her color has always been little better defined.

Usually, a purebred ragdoll will have less color change then mine show. But color change, darkening and some spreading is to be expected with any of the pointed cats.

Last edited:

ragdollcatroofie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Color with pointed cats can be a little deceiving sometimes but I'd lean more blue. That said, lighting can play big factor so you will likely have to wait for more color to develop to be completely sure

Here is my boy who is seal point to give you an idea. My boy is exposed to outdoors and variable temperatures so he is a little over all darker than most indoor pointed cats. He also likely has some Burmese in him.

Thanks so much for your reply. Your babies are beautiful. I have my heart set on a blue baby so fingers crossed but I'll wait a few more weeks to see how he develops. Also, do you think he looks like a Ragdoll baby to you? I've never had one before so want to make sure I'm not being silly!

Last edited:

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
He looks like a Ragdoll to me. Blue point in color. Will you be receiving pedigree papers for him?

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Fluffy and pointed kitten does point towards a Ragdoll, even if the paperwork doesn't turn out if you aren't planning to show or breed then the purebred status is a technicality. If you are worried about authenticity if you want to share, PM or in posting, the breeders name and cattery we can help you authenticate it or point you in the right direction at the very least.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After checking out the breed standard on the CFA website I think he may well be a seal. His nose appears to be brown. Check his paw pads - if they are brown he is a seal. The color explanations for the seal and blue are at the top of page 2 of the breed standard in the link I posted.

http://www.cfa.org/Portals/0/documents/breeds/standards/ragdoll.pdf