Is my furbaby going to give birth?

furbabymama93

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey this is my baby nala
She is pregnant
Shes pretty big for such a petite kitty
Tonight I was laying here giving her loves and rubs and I felt her kittens move and kick .
Today I also noticed she was hiding under our table and also my sons bed .
She does have a very cute little house I made out of boxes for her and the babies. But im just wondering when she might give birth id say its almost been 2 months 🤔

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I would guess she has at this moment Braxton Hicks contractions, and this is why she hides... These come about one week before delivery; its a way of Nature to train up the muscles used in delivery labor...

Most cats do drop shortly beforre the delivery; ie suddenly seems less pregnant, and you dont feel the movements of kittens as clearly...

Its quite common they dont take the prepared birthing nest until the last moment... Or even deliver somewhere else. But she surely appreciates the knowledge she has somewhere to raise her babies!
This is because, in nature she doesnt wants to get her favorite nest smelly too early, not to attract predators.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

furbabymama93

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there nothing yet but she's extra lovey and keeps going into hiding . I have 3 nests set up now
One in my walk in closet and the one I built and then I also just put some blankets in my sons room under his bed . Hopefully my fur baby has her babies soon 🥰

furbabymama93

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Snapchat-1037662142.jpg
I feel like she may have dropped?? Do you think so . 🤔🤔

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Its easiest for you, being there and knowing her, whom knows for sure if she has dropped. its not always dramatical change.
But if its time, so the probability high she HAS dropped, and now its perhaps 2 days left.

furbabymama93

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hang in there and try to be patient. She’ll have them soon when the kittens and her body are ready! Do keep us posted.
She hasn't been eating as much . She's very glued to me and is meowing at me alot :) if she has them tonight past 12 it's also my daughters 11th birthday aha fingers crossed 🤞 💕

furbabymama93

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She wants you to stay with her when she delivers. Be sure to do that; it will comfort her.
Yess I just ran out of course on Thanksgiving and nothing open i hope it will be ok just patiently waiting

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
So sorry for the stillborn. Are the other three latching and nursing?

Sometimes a cat’s tummy can feel lumpy as though there are more kittens when in fact there are none. The uterus is lumpy for a week or two while it heals and shrinks back to normal. But let us know if she does have more!

I hope all continues to go well!