Is My Cats Spay Incision Infected?

Huntermickie13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
732621F7-23F9-471A-B29D-84CAA713366E.jpeg
I got my girl Luna who is a year and 3 months spayed a week and 3 days ago now, and at first she wouldn’t keep the cone of shame on so I just left her without it for the first 5 days, but then I noticed her licking the wound quite a bit so she’s had the cone on for 5 days now without any breaks because I figured out a way to incorporate her collar so it’ll stay on nicely. Her incision just looks odd to me but it has no weird smells or heat and she hasn’t been acting different at all. I’ve attached a picture for input, please let me know what you think!

silkenpaw

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That looks like the incision might have separated, though it doesn’t look infected. I would get a vet to take a look at it and treat as necessary.

Good luck with your kitty.

ailish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I might want to get that looked at. Doesn't look infected, but doesn't look quite right.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like it has separated. If its not infected it most likely will be, unless you get her vet care. I highly recommend a vet visit as soon as possible.
do keep us updated on her. I will worry.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Huntermickie13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Our vet is about an hour away so it’s juaf a little more difficult but we will get her to the vet as soon as we can, thank you all for the input :heartshape:

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd email the photo to the vet, and follow up with a phone call, too, to find out what the vet wants to do. My vet would probably say, Bring her in, let's get a closer look. There's a lot of bacteria in a cat's saliva and if she licked it a lot in the first days, as you say, it might be best to have the vet check it out.
:vibes: :hugs:

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hopefully you can get her in soon. It does look like its separating and needs vet care. Keeping my fingers crossed that she is ok.:crossfingers: