Is my cats neuter incision infected?

Kittycool333

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don’t know if this is the right place to put this question but it’s been 4 days since his neuter and I checked it tonight and it looks like this and I’m really worried bc I’m poor and I did everything I could by putting him a cone on and not letting him jump and I even sleep on the floor to help him heal and less stress I’m so worried. Should I take him back to see the vet and if so what is he going to need? For example antibiotics or wound care. Of course if it Of any one knows an estimate of how much it’ll cost that would also be appreciated. Also he just peed so his penis is a bit wet.

Attachments

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks pretty good really.....it has come apart a tiny bit, but as long as there is no colored discharge, white, green, or yellow, it is fine. I have had MANY cats who have looked like this and they have healed fine. You can also tell if it is infected by how they act, they will start hiding, being lethargic, and refusing to eat and drink. I would monitor it and make sure there are no changes. you have an excellent picture to compare it to!

StanAndAlf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I agree with above, it doesn't look infected or inflamed. If you are worried, you can spray a little diluted betadine on the area. Sounds like you are doing a great job so far!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kittycool333

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Looks pretty good really.....it has come apart a tiny bit, but as long as there is no colored discharge, white, green, or yellow, it is fine. I have had MANY cats who have looked like this and they have healed fine. You can also tell if it is infected by how they act, they will start hiding, being lethargic, and refusing to eat and drink. I would monitor it and make sure there are no changes. you have an excellent picture to compare it to!
hi guys I think his incision has worsen I just called and emailed the vet that did his surgery. I’m a bit worried since I’m a teenager and only have $40 left so hopefully they can help me. I’ll update you guys on how he’s doing or when they contact me.

Kittycool333

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just in case any one cares, I got an email saying they will email me tomorrow morning (it’s currently 9 pm) when they show the doctor the photos I sent them.

Kittycool333

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He’s going to the vet tomorrow morning to get it checked out!