Is my cats incision supposed to look like this?

Sxvno

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I had my male cat neutered a day ago. They let me take him home the same day. At first they told me he was bleeding a little too much so they put something there to stop the bleeding. I took a picture of it and it doesn’t look right. He’s been licking himself and when I try to stop him he gets mad.

Attachments

lucyrima

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Take him back to the vet. Dab a little Polysporin on it. A bigger pic would have helped here. Don't stop his licking tho', and the Polysporin is OK to lick.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sxvno

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Take him back to the vet. Dab a little Polysporin on it. A bigger pic would have helped here. Don't stop his licking tho', and the Polysporin is OK to lick.
Thank you so much!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not an expert but I would be concerned about the way this looks. For that reason I would definitely contact your vet or send a photo to them. How is he acting aside from the licking, is he still bleeding? Better safe than sorry and please keep us updated on what they tell you. :alright:

lucyrima

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh - clicked on the link and it grew :). Looks fine actually, don't fuss him.

Sxvno

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm not an expert but I would be concerned about the way this looks. For that reason I would definitely contact your vet or send a photo to them. How is he acting aside from the licking, is he still bleeding? Better safe than sorry and please keep us updated on what they tell you. :alright:
The bleeding stopped. He’s acting normal but I’m just worried because I’m not sure it’s supposed to be sticking out of him like that.

lucyrima

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, I didn't see that... I saw his balls and a small pink 'thing' near the top of one. Did you expect there would be no evidence of what he had done? Not realistic, but unless things have changed since that first pic, I would not worry - and I've been working in teaching hospitals all my life, some in the OR. So cool down (don't want to scare him) and wait. If things actually look worse tomorrow, then call the vet... not a bunch of people on the net... and do whatever s/he says.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Sxvno Sxvno What country are you in? I have never seen a neuter look like this in my entire life. Please have your cat examined by a different vet for a second opinion.

A neuter does not involve the anus; just the scrotum sac. This does not look right and there should not be bleeding.

Please update!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Hi Sxvno Sxvno ! I'm sorry your are having issues with your boy. I do have to agree with the others that even thought the bleeding has stopped this does not look normal at all and he really needs to be seen by a vet. Also please do not use any human over the counter remedies unless specified by your vet. Many are toxic to cats.

Good luck and please let us know how you make out.

Sxvno

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I took him today and he was out in like 20 minutes. The vet said that when they neutered him they didn’t put a pin in it. They said he’s a very active cat and that with the moving around it opened up a bit. They managed to close it up I haven’t looked at it yet because I’m still on my way home. I’ll keep you guys posted on his recovery.

Sxvno

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
looks like they were able to close the wound up. There isn’t any bleeding or anything like that. I think he will be fine from now on. Thank you guys for being here during this tough time. ❤

Attachments