Is my cat pregnant?

Brishea86

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Over the past few weeks, my cat has gotten pretty fat. She is an indoor cat, but one day I opened the front door and there she was on the porch. I'm guessing she snuck out when someone opened the door. She was probably out there a few hours at the most. We have a lot of cats that roam our neighborhood. I've noticed that she's not as playful as she usually is, lays around a lot, sleeps a lot, her nipples are poking out, she is eating more than usual, and she keeps coming in my room numerous times a day and at night, which is weird because she normally doesn't just hang in there. Also, she keeps going to one corner of my room and just sits there. She has to climb over boxes to get there. Her belly is firm but I haven't been able to feel anything yet. I've also noticed that she hasn't been in heat for a bit. I'm attaching pics. What do y'all think?

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Brishea86

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Another good pic of her belly!
16511843406073920684433280636281.jpg

Brishea86

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I can't remember exactly when she got out... 2 or 3 wood ago, maybe. She should be almost 8 months old. I found her at my work, outside in the hot sun and she was about a week and a half. I searched for mom but she was nowhere to be found. I honestly thought she was dead, but when I picked her up she started meowing. I took her home and bottle fed her. She's my baby!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Your cat is pregnant, and will eventually have kittens. It’s a shame when cats less than a year old are pregnant. It’s not ideal. Hopefully all will go well and you’ll not let her out and will get her spayed when the kittens are 8 weeks old and weaning.

Do you know how far along she is? Do keep us posted.

happykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If its only been a few weeks since she got out then you might want to phone a vet and see if they can get her in quickly for a spay. That way you could terminate the pregnancy and save her from the associated risks of this pregnancy. She is a teenager so there may be complications with giving birth this young and she may not be interested in caring for kittens, there are a lot of unknowns.

Brishea86

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I will let you know how it goes. I will not terminate the pregnancy.

Brishea86

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Update: She is def pregnant! Belly dropped yesterday and last night was the first time I could actually feel movement in her abdomen. Feels like little kicks and rolls. :)

Brishea86

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
UPDATE:

My cat had already picked a place to have her kittens and I had another place set up, just in case. However, last night she slept between my legs in the bed under the cover. I woke up about 4am and discovered she had birthed 2 kittens. I'm not sure if they were both stillborn, but when I turned on the light I noticed they were both dead. I tried my best to see if they would make it by wiping their faces with a cloth, but had no success. She was eating the sac off the one kitten, so I'm pretty sure they were stillborn. I'm not sure if she's done birthing, as I had to go to work. Unfortunately, I couldn't find coverage but my boyfriend is home and looking after her.

Brishea86

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you. It was sad. My boyfriend let me know that she ended up having two more that were also deceased. I called the vet and based off what I told them about her behaviors leading up to birth, they believe she went into labor the day before yesterday and didn't have them until now, which is why they didn't make it.