Is my cat pregnant?

Ruqaya

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
1E7E2E2E-F1CB-4A20-A089-F38CF1DD47FE.jpeg

She was staying with a male cat for almost a month now but she don’t want him to get near her and always hissing so I don’t know if she’s pregnant or not.. some said she is pregnant.. Glad if you helped <3

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Were you purposefully breeding her? Since she is not spayed and was with a male cat it is very likely that she is pregnant. Her sides should begin to swell around the fifth week.

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If they were both unfixed then possibly pregnant. Did you want her to be?

frocky the cats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would think that she is if she is not spayed and been left with a male cat. Tell her I say congrats if she is pregnant 🐱🥺

steph557

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Her nipples won't start to pink up until week 2-3. I would definitely recommend you spay and neuter both cats ASAP! There is a huge overpopulation of cats and the more cats born means more cats are put down in shelters. If you want kittens, you can adopt at your local animal shelter.

Vee47

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Her nipples won't start to pink up until week 2-3. I would definitely recommend you spay and neuter both cats ASAP! There is a huge overpopulation of cats and the more cats born means more cats are put down in shelters. If you want kittens, you can adopt at your local animal shelter.
soooo the answer to the animal shelters putting cats down is to spay a pregnant cat and kill her kittens?Riddle me that lol i read lots of people judging cat owners about their pregnant cats. Make it make sense.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
soooo the answer to the animal shelters putting cats down is to spay a pregnant cat and kill her kittens?Riddle me that lol i read lots of people judging cat owners about their pregnant cats. Make it make sense.
OK, here I am 'making it make sense':
3. This is a pro-spay-and-neuter website. Please make sure to spay and neuter your cats. Unless you are a professional breeder and your cat is part of a professional breeding program, please educate yourself to the importance of spaying and neutering by the time your cat is 4-6 months old Forum Rules

You agreed to these rules when you signed up. ;)

If your cat is pregnant it is very, very early on.. there is virtually nothing there. It is not 'killing kittens'.