Is my cat pregnant

Vic89

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat was 1 year old in July but cold she be pregnant , does this look like pinking
inbound3034290298819285449.jpg

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi there! If your cat isn't spayed and she has been around unneutered males, it is entirely possible- it's even probable- that she's pregnant.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Vic89

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is unspayed and been going outside for a while now, so it's looking like she is pregnant then , thanks for replying to me .

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chances are she's pregnant, then. I'd highly recommend keeping her inside for now if you can and getting her spayed as soon as she has kittens. If this is your first time handling a pregnant cat and potentially a litter of kittens, I'd do some research. TCS has some great threads and articles available. Here are a few articles to get you started: How To Tell If My Cat Is Pregnant? – TheCatSite Articles
Pregnant Cat? What To Prepare For The Birth – TheCatSite Articles

Please feel free to ask any more questions you have!

Vic89

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I will thank you , my mums cat had kittens and thats how a got her so she sayd she will help me awell, yeh I will be getting her spayed after kitten are here, the only thing is am not sure how far along she will be to monitor when she will have kittens lol .

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My pleasure. It can be a challenge to figure out how far along she is, but just try to think back how long ago it was that she got out.

Vic89

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She was on and out for months , she sat crying at my door to get out iv kept her in the past 2 days so it could be anytime before then

Vic89

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much , so she's about 3 weeks I'm guessing , I'm going to keep her in just incase.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Cats begin to show in their sides around the end of the fifth week. You can usually see and feel kitten movement in her sides the last 2 weeks of pregnancy.

Cats are spayed when their kittens are 8 weeks old. She may have a heat cycle before then so do not let her out no matter what until she is spayed.

Vic89

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much , I'm not quiet sure is she is but her nipples have went pinker than yesterday so am guessing so , iv never had a cat thats been pregnant .