Is my cat pregnant?!?

Lkhc

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I adopted Chai a week ago from a man who couldn’t care for her anymore. She is an indoor cat and hasn’t been spayed, but he said she could have got out and might be pregnant. The vet said they’re only taking emergency appointments at the moment, and said because she’s indoor to just keep her inside and see. Her nipples look fairly pink but I’m not sure what they usually look like because I’ve only just got her! I’ve attached photos, please let me know what you think! I was planning on spaying her ASAP just for her health, so I’m hoping she’s not!

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Those look like pregnant nipples to me. I think the man you got her from let you know that she got out without really saying it. She’s probably pregnant. Nipples begin to show around 21 days; her sides begin to show around 5 weeks. You’ll know for sure soon, but I’d say prepare for kittens.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lkhc

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Those look like pregnant nipples to me. I think the man you got her from let you know that she got out without really saying it. She’s probably pregnant. Nipples begin to show around 21 days; her sides begin to show around 5 weeks. You’ll know for sure soon, but I’d say prepare for kittens.
Okay thank you! Yes we will do, we were just hoping that she wasn’t pregnant because she’s around 5, and I wanted to spay her as soon as. I’m a little nervous because I’ve never had a litter before, but I’m going to do lots of research!

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A quick xray would help you to know if she's pregnant or not. It's better than waiting for a heat cycle and if preggers can tell you how far along she is. If its an early pregnancy you could still spay her.