Is my cat pregnant

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is that one ok!? Keep an eye on her, there could be another......like I said if she is calm and not distressed, everything is normal.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kattttttt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay y’all so the kitten looks like it’s breathing really fast for some reason . Is it normal for a kitten to breath fast ? I just don’t want to lose the precious baby

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You might want to start weighing the baby. That is a great indicator of how they are doing. Do you know how much he weighs? A newborn should weigh 99grams or 3.5 ounces. Does he look like he is gaining weight? Nursing a lot? 14grams or 1/4 to 1/2 ounce daily gain is what he should be doing. Fast breathing may indicate dreaming, or he may be in trouble. If he looks skinny, he may have to be supplemented with kitten milk replacement and using a syringe, one drop at a time into his cheek, belly down. Wiping a small amount of honey on their lips sometimes perks them up enough to nurse too. Please keep us posted. Maybe StefanZ StefanZ can help you?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Okay y’all so the kitten looks like it’s breathing really fast for some reason . Is it normal for a kitten to breath fast ? I just don’t want to lose the precious baby
How is it going? The advices you got so far are good as long as this goes, but we need news and reports... Also, writing down your observations may help you yourself to realize more...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kattttttt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They kitten is doing good , feeding a bunch and gaining weight like it’s supposed too ... it’s eyes are just now trying to open! Can anyone tell me what the sex of the kitten is ? I say it’s a boy but my husband swears it’s a girl

Attachments

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm inclined to say boy because those sure look like baby testicles (or where they will be, anyway), but it's harder to tell at this age. Also he's a little squished, can you take a pic with him on his tummy with his tail held up? That's the best angle.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sure looks like a boy to me! If you enlarge it you can see the swellings where the testicles will be. it is awfully early yet though, and I have been wrong before! Congratulations, I'm so happy 'he' is doing so well!