Purraise
Here’s another picture
0234856D-9975-4434-AE6D-63CF23B525EC.jpeg

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She’s very likely pregnant then if you have an intact male. Do you want kittens? If not, a spay now will terminate. Do you plan to get your male neutered?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

laylafd31

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes we do want kittens. We plan on spaying her after she’s done nursing the kittens if she is pregnant and neutering him too. We just don’t know how to go about caring for a pregnant cat and caring for the kittens.
Both the female and male have all their shots and have gotten dewormed and all of that at the vet since when we got them they were outdoor cats and now they have been indoor cats since they were 3/4 months and they are 1 year 6 months and 1 years and 4 months. The vet is really expensive so since they got all their stuff we avoid taking them unless anything is different with them or if we get worried about them.
So I’m wondering if we will have to bring her to the vet if she’s pregnant.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Most cats do not need a vet during pregnancy.

I do, however, recommend that you go ahead and get your male cat neutered as soon as possible. Do you have a low-cost spay//neuter clinic in your area that you could use instead of the vet for this procedure? It takes 2-4 weeks after a neuter for sperm to dissipate. If you wait, he could impregnate her within a week or so after she gives birth.

She needs to eat well during her pregnancy and through nursing. Check out our articles on pregnant cats and kittens at the top of the forum. They are very informative and helpful! :)

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why do you want kittens? If vet costs are an issue I would suggest spaying. It's actually far more costly to have a litter of kittens then to spay. Momma needs to eat double the amount and every kitten eats double the amount of an adult cat. So a litter of 4 kittens is like feeding 10 cats and then you add the litter to. I was going through 65-80 cans of wet food and 2 bags of dry food a month for my foster mom cat and her 3 kittens. Man they eat a ton. Plus they will need vaccines and deworming. And kittens always have tummy issues once switched to wet food off of milk so they can require an extra vet visit for that. But if you can afford the costs and can find good homes then that's good. I would get the male neutered asap though.