Is My Cat Pregnant

motherhen7

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We got a cat just before Christmas the people we had got her off said she had been neutered. The last couple of weeks I have noticed that her belly is swollen just below her rib cage. She has not put weight on anywhere els. She is about 3 years old but a small girl and normally she isn’t a big eater she has a mainly dry diet I give her one tin a week split over a few days so she doesn’t got constipated or any thing. She has been eating a lot more than usual and been a lot more affectionate. I have looked at her nipples and I carnt tell if she is pinking up or not her fur is very dense on her belly and she has started going for me as I try to look and I don’t want to stress her out. I have booked her in at the vet for the next available appointment but that isn’t till next week and want her to be getting the best nutrients and things now if she is pregnant at all that is

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

motherhen7

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I can put a picture of her nipple if I can get her to let me have a look

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you could stand over her and get a picture, and a side picture with her standing, that would be a great help. I hope the people didn't lie to you. She could be developing a 'pouch' if it is loose skin rather than being firm, most cats develop them as they get older, even males. She could be even putting on a little weight if she is being fed good right now, so it will be a waiting game.....

motherhen7

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Her tummy is very hard she is usually a lean cat and dosnt carry hardly any fat at all I will get a pic and put it on. It isn’t a problem if she is she will be looked after either way just wish the previous ones were honest so I could of got her neutered straight away

motherhen7

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She look bigger than in the picture

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If she is, she's not very far along. She may have just put on weight with the kitten food. If you need to know, I would take her in to be examined, they could most likely tell you for sure. If not just wait a few more weeks and you will know for sure. Keep us posted!