Is my cat pregnant? She was spayed in June!!!

SayeC

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, guys.

Not sure if anyone remembers my last thread about my cat who had 5kittens by c-section at the vets.

Whilst this was happening i signed of on a ‘Pregnant Spay’. But recently shes starting to look round again. Shes also eating more and gaining weight. Im honestly baffled?

To my knowledge, she was spayed during the c-section process. She has not been displaying any symptoms of heat.

Any advice appreciated, ive requested her medical records from the vet. But “ Covid-19” so everything is emergency or really long waiting with the vets.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some cats gain weight after they are spayed. Other than weight gain, does she have other signs of pregnancy, such as pink and enlarged nipples?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Is this a different cat from the c-section cat? Does she have a scar or tattoo on her belly?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like this is the c-section cat, and she was supposed to be spayed at the time of the c-section.

Is she an outdoor cat? Is she around intact males at all?

She might just be getting fat. Can you post pics of her tummy and from the top?

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How much are you feeding her? Make sure to feed her only the recommended amount of food per her ideal weight and no more.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Call the vet office where she had the c-section and discuss her surgery with them. Mention your concerns. Let us know what they say.