Is my cat pregnant? Is she in beginning labor?

Tatiana coleman

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,
So I believe my cat to be pregnant, I calculated her due date to be around next week.
Her nipples have pinked up, but she didn’t grow as big as other pregnant cats I have seen on you tube. We are a week before her projected due date and she is not eatting (still
Drinking water), laying down a lot and then sporadically moving, and is very quiet. Usually she is quiet talkative. I saw her “pee out of her butt” yesterday like literally looked like water squirting over the litter box, could this have been her water breaking? It smelled like diarrhea though,
So a little Confused on that...
Could anyone take a look at the pics I post and tell me what you think? I swear she doesn’t look as big as she was...does that mean she dropped
Thank you!

I just found some clear white liquid on carpet next to where she was laying.... no distinct smell

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She’s probably dropped and is in labor. How is she doing now?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She isn't big at all, most likely only one or two kittens. That was most likely her water breaking, so should be very close now, within the next few hours. If it wasn't her water breaking it could have very well been diarrhea, the body preparing to give birth and cleaning itself out. Take your cue from her, if she is calm and not crying everything is well......

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tatiana coleman

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She’s probably dropped and is in labor. How is she doing now?
Hi,
I stayed up with her last night but no kittens. She is up now, Walking around and then laying down in places. Almost like her back legs/hips hurt. She keeps running upstairs to hide under my daughters bed or my bed...nesting? When I pick her up and place her in my lap she is purring :)

Tatiana coleman

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,
I stayed up with her last night but no kittens. She is up now, Walking around and then laying down in places. Almost like her back legs/hips hurt. She keeps running upstairs to hide under my daughters bed or my bed...nesting? When I pick her up and place her in my lap she is purring :)
Still no kittens or signs of active labor? She’s very lethargic but did eat some shrimp for me today. She has quite a bit of diarrhea on her behind so I dipped her in some warm water and tried to clean her off. She’s still very quiet, laying kinda odd ball on stomach/side. After the shrimp there hasn’t been any diarrhea today. I force fed her some pedialyte. Some one of another cat forum said she only looks 3 weeks pregnant? Or that it could be a false pregnancy?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She sounds like she does not feel well, but it may be that it’s not quite time for labor yet. You may want to get her checked by a vet and an x-ray done to see what’s going on. The x-ray would show how many kittens and an estimated gestational age of the kittens and you can go from there.

Tatiana coleman

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone,
Thank you for replying! I did take Pepper
To vet yesterday, and she is very pregnant :) 5 kittens that they could see 😳 all with heart beats and movement! I was so happy
To hear the news! Vet said they should be here within the week!! She did blood work and said everything is fine. She gave Pepper some fluids because she was a little dehydrated and said the diarrhea is probably
From kittens smooshing everything. She said Pepper should be just fine and have no issues with labor or mothering her babies. I am thrilled 😁 my kids are so excited to see kittens! I am already lining up homes with good friends and even a tech from the vet! All
Is ok, it’s just a waiting game now!
Thank you everyone for your responses!

Tatiana coleman

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Soooo Pepper is still pregnant. I’m waiting anxiously... we have to move her to the trailer
Today because we are getting new windows put in the house. Her belly is very tight and she is looking big, but I still don’t see movement or contractions. She’s not really Acting different except she is tired of being cooped up and is a little more aggressive when she plays. There is AC in the trailer (it’s brand new) lol
So she should be comfortable. Just so ready to see the beautiful kittens!

Tatiana coleman

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Pepper still pregnant lol. Her kittens are moving a lot and it looks almost like she is having contractions because all of the sudden there is a protrusion in her stomach that gets really hard. How long before she gives birth?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It seems it’s been almost a month ago you thought she’d dropped and I said she might be near labor; perhaps this time it’s real, but it’s hard to say. Are you seeing any vaginal discharge? Is her milk coming in?

Tatiana coleman

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I know! I obviously had no idea what I was talking about... and neither did the vet who told me it would be later that week lol. Yes her milk has come in :) she is trying to “hide” in everything I have nests set up in different locations. She’s very affectionate and sleeping a lot. Loves her belly being petted. My husband bet on Friday and my bet is tomorrow... the kittens are moving a lot in her tummy. Haha I’ve never been in the waiting side of babies coming! Turns out I wouldn’t have made a very patient significant other lol

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's the same with people - due dates are difficult to predict. My original doctor for my firstborn had a saying, "A ripe peach falls of its own accord". When he went to India on a mercy mission with his church, I got a new doctor who wanted to induce me on Feb. 14 so I could have a Valentine baby. He also felt that I was gaining too much weight (despite my pre-pregnancy weight being only 95#). When I said I wanted to wait, the new doctor gave me a deadline of 3/21 or he would withdraw as my doc. My veterinarian said not to worry as they delivered all their babies at home plus my grandma was a midwife. End of story: I delivered on 3/18 with a 4 hour, very easy labor - my baby was 7'13", 22" long. I pray that your kitty has as easy a time as I did.

Tatiana coleman

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Everyone is great :) all kittens latching and nursing. Mom is doing great, however the vet told me there were 5 kittens, and she has only delivered 4. I believe I also felt the 5th kitten in her side this morning, but now her sides feel soft and squishy. Has the 5th moved down the canal? Could she not even have a 5th? How long do I wait until I become concerned?
Mom is eatting and drinking pooping and peeing. And PPPUUURRRRRRRIIINNGGGG. No distress, lots of maternal instinct which is so amazing and beautiful to see.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
As long as mom is not in distress she’ll have the last kitten soon. Just wait for now. Glad all kittens and mom are doing well!

Tatiana coleman

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Still no 5th kitten... tummy feels very soft now. Pepper still doing good