Young Cat
Purraise
I can still feel the babies moving. She has also been purring constantly

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bdurkee20_20

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is all normal and sounds like it may be stage one labor. How are things today?
She still has an appetite. But today her stomach gets really hard and I can’t feel the babies and then it softens up and I can’t fee them love again. I’m guessing those are contractions? But I read that when she starts to go into labor you won’t be able to feel the babies and she will loose her appetite, and neither of those things have happened. But I did notice there was a worm today in her poop, we weren’t able to deworm her or anything because someone dropped her off and then we relized she was pregnant. We should wait to deworm her after the babies are born, correct?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She can be de-wormed anytime. It won’t hurt the babies.

All cats are different. Some lose their appetites or get diarrhea; others will eat and drink between kitten deliveries. Sometimes you can still see kitten movement once they’ve dropped; other times not so much because they are squeezed for space.

Bdurkee20_20

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She can be de-wormed anytime. It won’t hurt the babies.

All cats are different. Some lose their appetites or get diarrhea; others will eat and drink between kitten deliveries. Sometimes you can still see kitten movement once they’ve dropped; other times not so much because they are squeezed for space.
Ok thank you.

Bdurkee20_20

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We just took her temperature and it is 99.8

Bdurkee20_20

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Still no kittens? I read that normally they leak milk 24-48 before they have the kittens. It has been almost 48 hours and she doesn’t seem like she is in labor at all

Bdurkee20_20

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Give it time! Milk sometimes comes in after delivery. :)
Her milk already came in about 48 hours ago. Im just worried something is wrong. I havnt felt the babies move since last night. She doesn’t seem to be in labor

Tinkz89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She sounds like shes starting off :) can take a little while. My kitty had milk for 9 days before she had her babies! All depends on the cat! How is she doing?

Bdurkee20_20

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She has had one kitten so far! White with gray on its head!! The sack was clearish yellow and I kmow she at the placenta. But then like 30 min later I thought she was having another one and I could see part of the sack but it looks dark red to almost black. I left the room to go use the restroom and came back and it was gone she she was licking up a bloody liquid? Was it a dead kitten?