Is my cat pregnant!? Help

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bdurkee20_20

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She just had another one. Same as the first, white with a gray head! They are so cute

Bdurkee20_20

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The last kitten was born at 7:58 and the placenta didn’t come out so it is still attached to the placenta inside the mama cat. Is that normal? She definitely still has one for kitten in her, it’s very active, I can see it and feel it moving

Bdurkee20_20

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The last kitten was born at 7:58 and the placenta didn’t come out so it is still attached to the placenta inside the mama cat. Is that normal? She definitely still has one for kitten in her, it’s very active, I can see it and feel it moving
The placenta came out

Bdurkee20_20

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I need some help. Mama cat has been doing a wonderful job. But today I noticed she is bleeding a lot. I’m assuming it’s coming out of her vagina, but I’m not sure, maybe her butt? There is just a lot of blood down there. Is this normal for a dew days after giving birth

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! Can you take a photo and see if you can email it to a vet so they can see approx how much?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How much blood? A teaspoon? A hemorrhage with clots?

Cats do bleed and spot after giving birth, same as human women. However, it should become less and less, until it stops about 7-10 days later. This occurs because her uterus needs to heal.