Is my cat pregnant!? Help

Bdurkee20_20

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Someone dropped off a female cat at our house in December and we were going to get her spayed in January but the appointment got canceled. On Monday we noticed she looked a little fat and wondering if she is pregnant. She has been outside since she got dropped off because she didn’t like being inside and would run outside as soon as the door opened. There is male cats that live in the Amish’s barn right next door. We have her inside now and she doesn’t mind it. Sorry the picture are bad she wouldn’t hold still to get good ones.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She looks quite pregnant actually. Good you have her inside, and please keep her in 100% until she is spayed about 8 weeks after the kittens are born. Make sure she eats well! :)

Bdurkee20_20

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mama cat seems to be super tired and has slept all day today. I’m guessing this is normal but I just want to make sure. Normally she is playful and is following me around.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can go ahead and make a spay appointment for around eight weeks from now.

Do you have kitten supplies already? Powdered kitten milk replacer (not by Hartz), needleless syringes, and a scale that weighs in grams are all very helpful!

Bdurkee20_20

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You can go ahead and make a spay appointment for around eight weeks from now.

Do you have kitten supplies already? Powdered kitten milk replacer (not by Hartz), needleless syringes, and a scale that weighs in grams are all very helpful!
Yes, we run an animal rescue so we have all of this stuff on hand already. We have raised kittens from hours old, so if for some reason there is a problem we are experienced! 😊

Bdurkee20_20

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The last 2 days we have been feeling kittens a lot. Around how much longer so u think she has?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Take a look at the first article I posted for you above, I think she has a little bit to go yet...

Bdurkee20_20

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
mama cat had been super clingy the last 4 hours ish. She hasn’t left my side and she has been licking her rear end a lot! I also noticed a spot that looks like it might be blood right where her rear end was on my bed. I will post a pic of it