Is my cat Okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WizardSky

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We recently got a cat, shes currently 1 year old and Is going through her first pregnancy. Its been about 60+ days and shes supposed to give birth soon. A days ago a yellow-ish liquid started flowing from her vulva and has been ever since, not nonstop but when she sita somewhere she leaves a small puddle. Now, she has been cleaning herself And i assume the liquid Is her mucus plug but im still worried. Any help Is appreciates. Shes also a british shorthair if that helps

98.k8

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i've read that after the mucus plug is released, its about 24-48 hours before she goes into labor. if you are super concerned i recommend calling your vet to double check with them

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Mucus plugs can be lost up to a week before birthing, but are not normally liquid. I’m concerned she may have an infection. Does the liquid smell? Are you sure it’s not pee? What is the consistency? Do you have a picture of it? She may need a vet.

WizardSky WizardSky

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
We recently got a cat, shes currently 1 year old and Is going through her first pregnancy. Its been about 60+ days and shes supposed to give birth soon. A days ago a yellow-ish liquid started flowing from her vulva and has been ever since, not nonstop but when she sita somewhere she leaves a small puddle. Now, she has been cleaning herself And i assume the liquid Is her mucus plug but im still worried. Any help Is appreciates. Shes also a british shorthair if that helps
discharges are common. If it does smell it may be pus or bacteria infected. If its neutral in smEll, its prob normal. And so is my guess.

But if you are worried, please contact your vet... You shall not underestimate your instincts nor gut feeling...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

WizardSky

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just an update, we called the vet and went to a clinic but sadly it was too late, all 5 kittens have died. We gave the cat contraception when she was in hrát but she got pregnant anyways and Its belived that IT stopped her from having contractions And opening enoguh for kittens to ve pushed out. Also all the bullshit i saw on the internet Is crazy, if anyone has questions or concerns regarding a pregnant cat, contact a vet. Dont look for or ask questions on the internet.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That explains the yellow liquid. It did not sound normal. I’m so sorry this happened.

Has your cat been spayed now and given antibiotics? How is she recuperating? I hope your cat will feel better soon!

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Just an update, we called the vet and went to a clinic but sadly it was too late, all 5 kittens have died. We gave the cat contraception when she was in hrát but she got pregnant anyways and Its belived that IT stopped her from having contractions And opening enoguh for kittens to ve pushed out. Also all the bullshit i saw on the internet Is crazy, if anyone has questions or concerns regarding a pregnant cat, contact a vet. Dont look for or ask questions on the internet.
I'm so sorry WizardSky WizardSky .. it's always terribly sad.:rbheart:
Here on TCS (which is the internet ;)) we try to be as supportive as possible, and in this instance our members gave very good advice, but all also recommended going to the vet.
I do hope the mother is OK. :vibes::vibes::vibes:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear that your cat lost all of her kittens. We always lock the threads when a cat or kitten passes, so I'll lock this one now. When you feel ready it might help to start a tribute thread in our Crossing the Bridge forum.

Rest in peace little kittens.

Status
Not open for further replies.