Is my cat ok

skrumtuoscatlayd

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi, I have a female white cat whos 14montys old now
She's been rescued from a backyard and hasnt been desexed
But I'm concerned about her health as she seem to be lying down flat like this (see picture)
20210316_134059.jpg
or loafing in this posture most of the time
20210316_135701.jpg

I was curious as to why she might have her chest out like this when loafing ever since the day I found her because from raising other cats I know this is rather unique posture
Do you think it might be due to underlying pain or medical condition?
Also, although she used to go in very noticeable heat during first 2 weeks I had her and even saw signs that she was nursing kitten before she was found, she stopped going into heat altogether for 2 months
Other than this she's eating and playing fine
Should I be concerned about her?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Could she be pregnant? One or two kittens wouldn't show much, I guess another week and you will know.....How is she acting other than lying weird? Is she active, eating, drinking, using the litter box, or does she hide, stopped eating, and is lethargic? If she is eating and otherwise acting normal, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Her hormones may be a part of it too, I would have her spayed as soon as possible to make her feel better.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skrumtuoscatlayd

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I dont know, she's eating but not much and she does engage in plays but not that much
Also she does hide during the day
If sge's pregnant then the kitten should be due anytime soon because only time shes been out to meet other cat was 11th jan which means its been more than 60days now but shes too skinny to be pregnant
Besides that, do you think her posture could indicate any problem inside? Is it normal for cats to loaf like that?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not really. If she is hiding, and not eating much, I would take her in and take those excellent pictures with you. that position CAN indicate pain. Or send them, explain things and see what they suggest.

riley1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Not really. If she is hiding, and not eating much, I would take her in and take those excellent pictures with you. that position CAN indicate pain. Or send them, explain things and see what they suggest.
Yes, new hiding behavior is a sure sign of trouble! Time for the vet.

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
vet trip for sure, and if not preggers get her spayed!