Is my cat normal weight or underweight

shebaa

Queen of Sheba
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have soon to be 1 year old male. He gets about 310 calories and he's at 8.77lbs. My other cat who just turned one gets about 270 and at 11.27lbs. My bigger kitty is a piggy (not overweight, just larger size compare to the midget cat!l My smaller kitty doesn't always eat his food which makes him loose weight. So I started feeding him Pate since it's higher in calories. Here's pics of his body. They get feed 2x day now but wondering if I should go back to 3 if he's not eating it all at once

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!

It may be that he's simply a slender body style, but good for you to notice that he loses a little ground, and to start giving him the pate :)

He might benefit from 3 meals.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shebaa

Queen of Sheba
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When I buy pack of friskies I separate the higher and the lower calories, My smaller cat gets the higher ones and the bigger one gets the smaller ones. I find it so strange that the "midget' needs more calories! But I also have some pate which the bigger cat wasnt much of a fan of for a while, (he is now!), before I adopted the small cat. it came in handy now!
I'm just not used to small cats. My 1st cat was 13lbs. Now the other one is 11lbs. People always thought my first and my current cat are overweight, but they are not! Now I also have a 8lb cat and someone asked me why is he so skinny.....🤦‍♀️.... I can't win lol :rolleyes3:😂

shebaa

Queen of Sheba
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I started decreasing calories for my bigger cat since hes now a year and I feel he's in his adult body. I have not yet done that for my smaller cat, even though they are only a month apart. Is it normal for his age to still be getting "kitten" calories?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Every cat is different so for him, that's his normal. Has he been in to a vet for a check up?

shebaa

Queen of Sheba
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Nope, just for flea/tick treatment and vax in April. His next set of vax is due this winter. I will get him a full work up then unless something comes up before then. But he's a happy and playful

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I have soon to be 1 year old male. He gets about 310 calories and he's at 8.77lbs. My other cat who just turned one gets about 270 and at 11.27lbs. My bigger kitty is a piggy (not overweight, just larger size compare to the midget cat!l My smaller kitty doesn't always eat his food which makes him loose weight. So I started feeding him Pate since it's higher in calories. Here's pics of his body. They get feed 2x day now but wondering if I should go back to 3 if he's not eating it all at once
I also have a long slender cat. She never finishes her bowl. 3 small meals in the morning. She's fed morning,day,and night. It makes it easier to use a food timer but I have 3 cats which makes it not possible unless I shut her in my bedroom at night

shebaa

Queen of Sheba
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It makes it hard if you have 2 different cats who 1 prefers to eat some eat rest later, and 1 cat who eats everything at once. Cat life lol